Story Mode Help & Discussion (Playthrough Videos)

Started by ikarop, Sep 27, 2014, 11:57:31 PM

Author
Story Mode Help & Discussion (Playthrough Videos) (Read 111,410 times)

Taxemic

Taxemic

Spoiler
Anyone spotted a working Joe doing the jog on the spot ala Ash?
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Seegson

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 08, 2014, 06:57:49 PM
You cut off the power to the door.

But how? with the reprograming terminal?

Darkness

There's control panels above certain doors which you can override. From what I've seen in gameplay videos, the overrides only last so long and it will unlock itself again.

Seegson

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 08, 2014, 07:33:16 PM
There's control panels above certain doors which you can override. From what I've seen in gameplay videos, the overrides only last so long and it will unlock itself again.

Thats what im talking about. Not sure you can lock the alien at all

Dowly

Some rewire panels have the option to disable door access.

SpeedyMaxx

I've heard some wild stories about people can do with the rewires, but I've yet to see anything in action beyond opening the door they need.

I did watch Angry Joe play last night, and noticed for the first time the emergency override. Neat.

WinterActual

The thing is, you can see the xeno disappearing before you eyes if you stay there and watch it in the locked room. Like a magic trick - poof, its outside!

szkoki

Quote from: Taxemic on Oct 08, 2014, 07:04:32 PM
Spoiler
Anyone spotted a working Joe doing the jog on the spot ala Ash?
[close]

you will see much better Alien-Android reference :)

Taxemic

ooo ok nice. didn't think i could get anymore excited.

szkoki

szkoki

i doubt you'll miss it but if you do, i'll spoil it for you in the end.

8) now chapter 13

f**k mission 14. havent expected this

Seegson

Quote from: szkoki on Oct 09, 2014, 12:23:30 AM
i doubt you'll miss it but if you do, i'll spoil it for you in the end.

8) now chapter 13

f**k mission 14. havent expected this

tense mission? hard? long one? O_O  Im on 6...so its a long way to 14 for me :D

Jango1201

So one locker too many for me apparently. It got wise to me hiding in lockers because no matter what I do now it rips the door off and kills me. :/

szkoki

Finished it. Its 8 in the mornin. Worth it. Overall its the best Alien game to date. Still dont know what to think about the ending. Besides some cheap annoying deaths, the lack of characterism, a few bugs its a must have.

I only used the walktrough in the 17th mission....damn i wanted to get in bed already...

Vrastal

I just finished it, steam says time played was 26 hours, the game did crash a lot forcing me to redo a lot of game time. and just leaving it paused to get some quick things done.

The best alien game for sure. Atmosphere was perfect almost all the way around. Now time for spoilers end game included

Spoiler
The marlow mission was awesome, I loved exploring the derelict, even if it was for a little bit.  It felt just like the movie which was fantastic. A much better representation of it then in A:CM. It was done perfectly.

The working joes, i found to be a nuisances over anything else. I would just outrun them or hide and they would leave me alone 90% of the time. I didnt find them scary or frightful. I always felt annoyed when i encountered them.

Even though im not a fan of the eggmorphing, it was pretty cool. Done amazingly well being in the hive was terrifying. I didnt think we would see anything like that. After getting rid of the first alien i assumed it was just going to be a wrap up of the story. I was glad i was wrong. The reactor was a really awesome place in itself. going through the hive and seeing all the blimps was perfect.

Getting abducted, I didnt expect it but i should have That was a great part having to stumble your way back, the two aliens dropping infront of you was really cool. The Alien animation was damn near amazing. I know a lot of people were getting bent out of shape because of the design but i think it worked amazingly well. Especially after doing the EVA, watching the aliens climb around the umbilical was awesome. I wish i could have gotten screenshots of it..

And the one part that scared me the most. Opening that door. and the alien being THERE.

Overall great game, would upgrade my pc to play it with ewer problems if i could. But maybe in a few months. I Hope we get to see more story progression even in dlc or a new game, or a book. I loved this game.
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed