Jack Palgen to Write the Script

Started by Aspie, Jun 17, 2013, 11:43:47 PM

Author
Jack Palgen to Write the Script (Read 53,634 times)

SM

SM

Possibly, but no one can say they weren't suitably warned.

acheronbeing

acheronbeing

Rebooting the first alien film would bring some serious consequences, and most serious of all them imo (apart from the more than probable failure as a movie) would be the total loss of the magic and malevolence shrouding the first iconic creature, the one and only true alien in the series, which actually was Kane reborn as the perfect organism, and of course, a lot more than that.

If the alien series would ever have to face a reboot, It should be only to free the creature from more than 20 years of Cameron-itis and his damned influence over the entire franchise once and for all. Still, If this movie was ever to be done, It should not be a reboot of the first film by any means, and of course the creature to be used in the film could also be different to Giger's alien..., but please, at least be biomechanical, human-like and perverse like the first one, and with the very much missed regeneration skills that the original alien also had (one of the good things about Prometheus was that, but applied to the hammerpede this time).

SM

SM

QuoteRebooting the first alien film would bring some serious consequences, and most serious of all them imo (apart from the more than probable failure as a movie) would be the total loss of the magic and malevolence shrouding the first iconic creature, the one and only true alien in the series, which actually was Kane reborn as the perfect organism, and of course, a lot more than that.

Please.  Nothing will ever change the original film.  It's still a classic despite what anyone thinks of any of the sequels.

Quoteand with the very much missed regeneration skills that the original alien also had (one of the good things about Prometheus was that, but applied to the hammerpede this time).

Regeneration which was never really highlighted beyond the quick healing facehugger, so therefore not actually missed at all.

cloverfan98

I feel like Cameron's influence has extended more to the EU and the various comics, novels, and games which is a good fit for the kind of Alien story. I don't feel that any of the films have tried to follow up on Cameron's influence with the exception of AVPR and that was ripping everything off not just Aliens. I'm really disappointed with Prometheus so I can't say I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for a sequel, but if they did one I'm not sure I want to see Shaw and David visit Paradise or whatever. I'd be ok with a stand alone film where more people come across the remnants of the Engineer's work which would allow for maybe some kind of explanation of what was happening on the first one.

RobThom

RobThom

What happened to lindelof?

I was holding my breath for answers to be questions.

cloverfan98

Quote from: RobThom on Aug 13, 2013, 06:45:07 AM
What happened to lindelof?

I was holding my breath for answers to be questions.

Who knows? Man I loved Lost and I still love it and yes I loved the ending but between Prometheus and STID my opinion if him is lowering fast. Even though I liked STID and like SOME elements of Prometheus.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: RobThom on Aug 13, 2013, 06:45:07 AMWhat happened to lindelof?

He had other stuff to do, like wash his hair. Love him or loath him, the man knows a balls-up when he sees it, and his contract had an out.

Real Scooby

Real Scooby

Although I will be most properbly be target for termination after that :) IMO Prometheus 2 / Paradise should end up being the missing link for EVERYTHING. I think it sure will do the connection between Prometheus and the first Alien movie, but personally I wish they also would link it somehow to the, I agree not the best but still nice entertaining, AvP movies. My dream sequence would still be, the Lost Preds ( the small gang from Pred2 ) being responsible for the original jockey wreckage.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Real Scooby on Oct 06, 2013, 07:04:55 AMIMO Prometheus 2 / Paradise should end up being the missing link for EVERYTHING. I think it sure will do the connection between Prometheus and the first Alien movie
Sadly, Ridley Scott and Co. do not share your "O". Scott said that if there were more Prometheus films, they would take on a life of their own and move away from the Alien films.

Quote from: Real Scooby on Oct 06, 2013, 07:04:55 AMbut personally I wish they also would link it somehow to the, I agree not the best but still nice entertaining, AvP movies. My dream sequence would still be, the Lost Preds ( the small gang from Pred2 ) being responsible for the original jockey wreckage.
Pretty much everyone involved with the Alien films distance themselves from the AVP movies. Even Paul W.S. Anderson had taken an about face and claimed his movie was set in a different universe from the Alien films. (Which I suspect he had done when he was called out on the many ways his movie didn't fit in with the Alien films.)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed