Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 391,709 times)

The Kurgan

Yeah right. Totally forgot about him.

I very much prefer your version to that version.

[cancerblack]

Thanks, and same tbh. There's the core of a great Alien design in that toy but it's so angular and blocky that it doesn't shine.

Kradan

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 06, 2019, 10:18:40 PM
It's the Panther:

Don't want to seem as total dilettante but i wanna know what came earlier: Alien 3 or Kenner toy? I'm curious because Panther Alien looks similair to Runner from 3.

Still Collating...

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 06, 2019, 09:41:53 PM
Some Kenner retro stuff from last year:

Beautiful work.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 07, 2019, 05:57:09 PM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 06, 2019, 10:18:40 PM
It's the Panther:

Don't want to seem as total dilettante but i wanna know what came earlier: Alien 3 or Kenner toy? I'm curious because Panther Alien looks similair to Runner from 3.

Both from 1992 so i assume it's based on concept art from Alien 3

Quote from: Still Collating... on Mar 07, 2019, 07:32:40 PM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 06, 2019, 09:41:53 PM
Some Kenner retro stuff from last year:

Beautiful work.

Cheers m8

Thunderjack88

Thunderjack88

Great work, when I've done my clan and other projects I might have to try the winged queen as a conversion.

My group is planning on doing a Colonial Marines D&D style game using TTcombat MDF zone mortalis terrain and the prodos stuff. Starting to put together the bits to make rooms match the board games counter parts like escape pods etc.

Now we have the basics down I've told the guys they have 200 points for lists and I'll plan the scenarios. Does anyone know if anyone has listed all the card load outs costs? Eg Predator with Smart disc. Looking to see if I can save time also couldn't find the trackers whip cost, unleashed costs dont match the board games.

So far heres what I have using the cards I own. Female Predator was missing so used Elder base points and for now unleashed points for trackers weapons.

HQ choices
.Beserker Elder - 96pts
.Warrior Elder - 80pts
.Female Elder - 70pts
.Tracker - 80pts

Hunting pack choices
.Hunter - 61pts
.Warrior (Combi-Stick) - 56pts
.Warrior (Smartdisc) - 63pts
.Youngbloods 1-3 takes one slot
Y.Blood Wrist Dart & Wristblades  -35pts
Optional extras - +1 Y.Blood Wrist Dart & Wristblades - 35pts or/and Y.Blood Wrist Dart & Combi-Stick - 38pts
.Hellhounds 1-6 takes one slot - 9pts each

-TJ88

[cancerblack]

Get Battlescribe and the AvP files for it, someones already done the hard work so you can just point and click to make lists. All the wargear/mutations etc are in there.

Thunderjack88

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 08, 2019, 10:17:54 PM
Get Battlescribe and the AvP files for it, someones already done the hard work so you can just point and click to make lists. All the wargear/mutations etc are in there.

Unfortunately that's only for Unleashed not the board game, points costs dont match up as that was my go to first. Thanks though.

-TJ88

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I was 200% sure you were talking about unleashed when i posted. That'll teach me to respond without coffee. As far as i can tell, the trackers wargear is included in his cost, in line with the hunt pack units rather than the customisable heroes.

Working on the Tracker, about half done.

SiL

Would you mind posting a step-by-step on your painting next time you start one? Your stuff is gorgeous. I love the detailing you've got on the tracker, those are some fine highlights.

Thunderjack88

Ha easy mistake you would think points would match for both systems...
Other predators have their gear listed or need to but it in their campaign cost section but he doesn't.

Onto your painting he looks great good skin contrast it really pops love the colour choice.

-TJ88

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Mar 10, 2019, 09:47:41 AM
Would you mind posting a step-by-step on your painting next time you start one? Your stuff is gorgeous. I love the detailing you've got on the tracker, those are some fine highlights.

Thanks, and sure. Anything specific you're wanting to see? It's likely the other two unicast berserkers up next.

Quote from: Thunderjack88 on Mar 10, 2019, 08:52:37 PM
Ha easy mistake you would think points would match for both systems...
Other predators have their gear listed or need to but it in their campaign cost section but he doesn't.

Onto your painting he looks great good skin contrast it really pops love the colour choice.

-TJ88

I'm still 99% sure the whip etc are included in his cost of 63pts like the troop models, rather than buying wargear on top of that, since he can't be altered or take extras. Unless one of the staffers on FB have indicated otherwise?

Finished the Tracker

Corporal Hicks

Hot damn, those are sexy!

I received my Predator Elites and female marine at the weekend. As usual, nicely detailed sculpts!

Thunderjack88

I haven't seen anything to confirm he only comes with that loadout or can take more. Just seems kitted out for 63 points. Maybe its just me.
Great work again.

-TJ88

[cancerblack]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed