AvPGalaxy Podcast #55 - Predator 30th Anniversary Retrospective

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 08, 2017, 07:06:16 AM

Author
AvPGalaxy Podcast #55 - Predator 30th Anniversary Retrospective (Read 8,807 times)

Corporal Hicks

We have just uploaded the 55th episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast (right-click and save as to download)! Our latest episode sees the podcast regulars myself, RidgeTop and Xenomorphine joined by community guest and YouTuber Mr H Reviews as we discuss Predator as part of a belated 30th anniversary episode!

We talk the first time we saw Predator, the mystery of the early marketing, the importance of the cast’s personalities, the concept of Predator honour (honour or big game hunter?) and plenty more!

At one point we mention the 3D release of Terminator 2 being later this month. This episode was recorded in August and refers to the late August release of the film. We also mention Sandy Collora but fail to mention his involvement with Batman: Dead End.

What did you think of our latest episode? Be sure to let us know down below! You can also listen to any of our previous episodes in the Podcast section under the News tab on the main menu. For your Apple owners, our podcast is also available on iTunesYou can also check out Mr H’s channel over on YouTube! We hope you enjoy!

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on The Predator and all things Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Predator fans on our forums!

XENOMORPHOSIS

Mr H's voice sounds like Maxwell Stafford played by Colin Salmon in AVP 2004   

Corporal Hicks

I don't think that's the first time he's heard that. lol

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Sep 08, 2017, 12:23:40 PM
Mr H's voice sounds like Maxwell Stafford played by Colin Salmon in AVP 2004

Yes he does hahaha

MrH

Lol yeah ive been told that a few times before. was a pleasure to come on the podcast! hope to again some day

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

Once again great podcast gentlemen! I'm more of a predator fan so it was a real treat to listen to this one. Plus I'm a huge fan of Mr.H  so I almost shit my pants when I heard him on this podcast. I would love to hear everyone's first "encounter" with the predator! I was watching it with my brother on TBS circa 1993 ish. He explained it was about an alien hunter who stalks and kills for fun. Being around 7 at the time I was completely captivated by the mystery around this creature. Who was it? Why did it hunt? Where did it come from? My brother who is older had already seen the movie and had built up the big reveal when you see the predators' face. When I saw the pred remove its mask for the first time I was blown away with how incredible It looked. I'd never seen anything like it. It seemed so realistic!! So iconic. Even to this day i hold my breath when it shows it's face! Simply bad ass!

C'mon where's the Pred community at!?

Darkness

I didn't know Sandy Collora worked on Predator. I always remember his work on batman dead end.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 10, 2017, 07:26:07 PM
I didn't know Sandy Collora worked on Predator. I always remember his work on batman dead end.

He worked on Predator 2. There's a thread in the Lit board about the book we're talking about but there's not been a great deal of activity with it.

Quote from: GreybackElder on Sep 09, 2017, 08:23:10 PM
Once again great podcast gentlemen! I'm more of a predator fan so it was a real treat to listen to this one. Plus I'm a huge fan of Mr.H  so I almost shit my pants when I heard him on this podcast. I would love to hear everyone's first "encounter" with the predator! I was watching it with my brother on TBS circa 1993 ish. He explained it was about an alien hunter who stalks and kills for fun. Being around 7 at the time I was completely captivated by the mystery around this creature. Who was it? Why did it hunt? Where did it come from? My brother who is older had already seen the movie and had built up the big reveal when you see the predators' face. When I saw the pred remove its mask for the first time I was blown away with how incredible It looked. I'd never seen anything like it. It seemed so realistic!! So iconic. Even to this day i hold my breath when it shows it's face! Simply bad ass!

C'mon where's the Pred community at!?

Glad you enjoyed it! :) I know it's been very Alien centric of late but with Covenant coming out it was a little inevitable. And Alien just has more content anyway. Hopefully when the marketing starts kicking off for The Predator, we'll see more people show up. That's normally how it works.  :)

GreybackElder

I look forward to more predator stuff!!!  ;D

Nooo

Hicks,over at imdb on the predator webpage in the photos they have a poster that looks like it might be real or fan made.. Can you look into this..?
It is a red poster with a mountain of skulls and a predator ontop on them all.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: GreybackElder on Sep 11, 2017, 11:50:30 PM
I look forward to more predator stuff!!!  ;D

We recorded an interview with the editor/author of Predator: If It Bleeds last night. So that'll be out towards the end of the month.  :)

Quote from: Nooo on Sep 12, 2017, 03:31:31 AM
Hicks,over at imdb on the predator webpage in the photos they have a poster that looks like it might be real or fan made.. Can you look into this..?
It is a red poster with a mountain of skulls and a predator ontop on them all.

It's fan-made.

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2017, 07:19:32 AM

We recorded an interview with the editor/author of Predator: If It Bleeds last night. So that'll be out towards the end of the month.  :)

Can't wait! I preorder that book at the beginning of the year. I really hope it's similar to the alien: "bug hunt" collection in scope and variety.

*fixed quote. Hicks.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: GreybackElder on Sep 12, 2017, 10:55:29 PM
Can't wait! I preorder that book at the beginning of the year. I really hope it's similar to the alien: "bug hunt" collection in scope and variety.

Not to get too off-topic but I actually really enjoyed If It Bleeds more than I did Bug Hunt.

Highland

Just caught up good episode. Particularly like Hicks saying so ( starts question) - xenomorphine butts in , talks for 12 minutes, Hicks - "yeah so that question" lol

I think the part Xenomorphine mentions about the transition on the waterfall scene in the remaster isn't anything to do with the remaster. That scene was always pixelated, like it was shot on a different camera. Predator has a few of these scenes ( Random drastic drops in quality). Pretty sure the scene where Blane thinks he's found something and it's a rodent also looks jarring in quality. They were all in the original like that.

Also Ridgetop do you have the ltd edition Camo version of the  LP soundtrack ? Fatbeats got them back in, think there was only 1300 made. I snagged one the other day.

GreybackElder

Quote from: Highland on Sep 21, 2017, 01:02:49 PM
Just caught up good episode. Particularly like Hicks saying so ( starts question) - xenomorphine butts in , talks for 12 minutes, Hicks - "yeah so that question" lol

I think the part Xenomorphine mentions about the transition on the waterfall scene in the remaster isn't anything to do with the remaster. That scene was always pixelated, like it was shot on a different camera. Predator has a few of these scenes ( Random drastic drops in quality). Pretty sure the scene where Blane thinks he's found something and it's a rodent also looks jarring in quality. They were all in the original like that.

Also Ridgetop do you have the ltd edition Camo version of the  LP soundtrack ? Fatbeats got them back in, think there was only 1300 made. I snagged one the other day.
I enjoyed the podcast as well. I agree it did get a little bogged down in moments but overall good stuff. In regards to the waterfall scene, I remember hearing an interview about that part. Something to do with the wrong film in camera B?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed