Alien Covenant given a 15 classification by the BBFC uk rating boeard

Started by Wobblyboddle77, May 04, 2017, 02:44:55 AM

Author
Alien Covenant given a 15 classification by the BBFC uk rating boeard (Read 8,497 times)

Necronomicon II

Explicit sex, sexual violence and/or drug use seems to be what tips a rating into 18, R 18s at the cinema in Aus are pretty rare, the last I remember seeing at the cinema was The Wolf of Wall Street.

motherfather

motherfather

Im going back a few years, but... The witches of eastwick got an 18 rating. And Alien Covenant gets a 15? Wtf?

Sticks in my mind because I was waaay younger and managed to pass for 18.  I don't remember much sex or gore, maybe a few f words but that was about it. All the guys at school were super jealous as they didnt look old enough. I couldn't have cared less if there were sex scenes though. I was just in it for Cher dammit!

Was sorely disppointed when she didnt wear something sparkly and sequiney. Lol!

It must be so easy for the kids to get in to see films underage nowadays.

Imbrie

Quote from: motherfather on May 04, 2017, 12:23:40 PM
Im going back a few years, but... The witches of eastwick got an 18 rating. And Alien Covenant gets a 15? Wtf?

Sticks in my mind because I was waaay younger and managed to pass for 18.

Yes, but sensibilities are greatly different now and what was once viewed as unsuitable for a 15 year old to watch are now considered suitable.

motherfather

motherfather

^ Thank my lucky stars. Although, given how tame Prometheus was besides that one medpod scene, I would have thought - just based on the covenant trailers - that there would have been a huge gulf between the prometheus and covenant ratings.

On a scale, I would have put covenant nearer to the Trainspotting/Event Horizon end of the age rating spectrum.

SyntaX

15 huh?

I'm pretty sure 15 year old guys/girls will be spooked when they see certain scenes  ;D

Xeno_from_Belgium

motherfather

motherfather

I'm surprised they didn't make peppa pig an 18, just to confuse us all. Lol.

Oven

15 isn't too bad a rating

I think it's a good thing if it gets new people interested in the Alien universe

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed