Creative Assembly is making an Alien game based on the 1st movie

Started by predxeno, Sep 12, 2011, 09:57:50 PM

Author
Creative Assembly is making an Alien game based on the 1st movie (Read 14,068 times)

predxeno

Just read about this in Game Informer, is this true?  Where can I find more info about this?

That Yellow Alien

predxeno

Sexy Poot

Yellow Alien just got xed punked  :laugh:

predxeno

Did people here already know about this?  I may remember some small mention, but I don't think the News section mentoned too much about this; more attention was focused on A:CM.  Either that, or I imagined reading about it here.

Sexy Poot

Yeah I think most forgot about it. I'm actually really excited for it. I mean, a horror game based on the first movie? I cant friggin wait. Hoping for a dead space type game.

predxeno

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Sep 13, 2011, 01:39:37 AM
Hoping for a dead space type game.

That reminds me of the Aliens Crucible game that got cancelled.

Ash 937

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Sep 13, 2011, 01:39:37 AM
Yeah I think most forgot about it. I'm actually really excited for it. I mean, a horror game based on the first movie? I cant friggin wait. Hoping for a dead space type game.

I'm trying to think about how a game like this would work without feeling like Aliens.  I mean, Alien only had one xeno and a killer atmosphere.  Modern gamers may find the build up of a true horror based atmosphere and the hunt for one xeno utterly boring.  The only solution is to look for Aliens for inspiration.

Of course, I doubt a game like this would be allowed to even happen.  I can only imagine that what they mean by basing a game off the first movie would mean that they will use the derelict as we saw it in Alien as a main locale and just end up throwing a bunch of xenos at us after awhile...or it could be a spin-off of whatever happens in Prometheus.

predxeno

NUB DESTROYER

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Sep 13, 2011, 01:39:37 AMHoping for a dead space type game.

Dead space had weapons. Also not scary enough.

I'm thinking Amnesia The Dark Descent, but on a ship and with a single xeno.  If pulled off properly, imagine the amount of "reaction" videos that will crop up on youtube

Ghostface

If they want it to be another "red dead" it would have to be a lot larger than the nostromo story. I would say it has more of the feel of A L I E N as opposed to Aliens, not necessarily a replay of events.

SM

Xenomrph

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed