Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 192,399 times)

Corporal Hicks

Awesome. Can't wait.  ;D When is the showing?

overthere

overthere

Shane: "Umm, you see, this time around we're doing something different. We're doing full CGI of the creature, no practical effects and masks."

Imagine that.

Corporal Hicks

I'd be surprised to hear that.

overthere

overthere

I'd be mortified to hear that.

Johnny Handsome

You could go full CG with the Predator and it would look wonderful, with motion capture and such things. But there is absolutely no need for that, Predators just work so well with suits.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 16, 2016, 02:01:17 PMAwesome. Can't wait.  ;D When is the showing?

Wednesday night. Really looking forward to the film as well to be honest!

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 16, 2016, 02:56:03 PMYou could go full CG with the Predator and it would look wonderful, with motion capture and such things. But there is absolutely no need for that, Predators just work so well with suits.

A combination of both could be cool. Suits for the majority but with maybe a little CGI to show it moving around in an inhuman fashion - leaping and jumping infeasibly far and the like.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 16, 2016, 02:58:07 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 16, 2016, 02:01:17 PMAwesome. Can't wait.  ;D When is the showing?

Wednesday night. Really looking forward to the film as well to be honest!

Me too. I've got my tickets pre-booked but I'm not seeing it until the Wednesday after.  :'( Got X-Men this Wednesday though.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 16, 2016, 02:58:07 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 16, 2016, 02:56:03 PMYou could go full CG with the Predator and it would look wonderful, with motion capture and such things. But there is absolutely no need for that, Predators just work so well with suits.

A combination of both could be cool. Suits for the majority but with maybe a little CGI to show it moving around in an inhuman fashion - leaping and jumping infeasibly far and the like.

I think the perfect combination suits in between both as well. I really wouldn't object to seeing a CG Alien pulling off some of the moves that the Alien in Isolation did (mostly because I don't think it'd look anywhere near as memorizing or beautiful with a person in a suit) such as it's first reveal in the hospital.

Corporal Hicks

http://uproxx.com/movies/shane-black-the-nice-guys-iron-man-3/

Nothing new.

QuoteYou're doing a new Predator movie. How do you sell people on that? The brand has been diluted.

You have to go in punching. You have to hit it hard and you have to hit it with the strongest characters you can find and reestablish the sense of mystery and adventure and freshness that the first one had.

You could bring back Arnold from the first one and Danny Glover from the second.

You could do that if you wanted to and it would work. I can't talk about that. Whether we do or don't, that's not for discussion. But there's humor and we are shaking it up a little bit. Ultimately, it just has to have that spirit of, from a writer's point of view –not a filmmaker's point of view – just coming in and writing the shit of of it as something you want to see. That people are going to get their tickets three months in advance and it's going to be treated as a summer movie, not just another knockoff that costs $50 million and has a guaranteed return. That's what you're looking to do.

Darkoo

Darkoo

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 10, 2016, 10:49:18 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 09, 2016, 07:59:32 PM
http://www.hitfix.com/news/can-a-genre-title-like-predator-work-as-an-event-sized-blockbuster

A small piece on The Predator being a "blockbuster" from HitFix. Just opinions and speculation, nothing new.
Well, they didn't end up posting the Video-Interview they had with Black about Predator, so i guess he didn't say anything new, otherwise they would have been the first to post some new stuff about this.

Shane Black Wants The Predator to Scare The Hell Out of You Again
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/videos/shane-black-wants-the-predator-to-scare-the-hell-out-of-you-again#yai2Gqgo0KDwZ6ID.99

overthere

overthere

Quote from: Darkoo on May 17, 2016, 04:35:44 AM
Shane Black Wants The Predator to Scare The Hell Out of You Again
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/videos/shane-black-wants-the-predator-to-scare-the-hell-out-of-you-again#yai2Gqgo0KDwZ6ID.99

He makes some interesting points about how monsters lose their appeal when they're shown too often, but that sort of worries me. How do you expand on the creature if you start from the "I don't know what's going on" again and we know more than the characters about who's attacking them? Reintroducing Predator is going to be hard since we all know what it is. But I agree with the Loch Ness quote "I hope they don't find it".
Interesting, but a bit worrying as well.

He also mentioned how he went "No, no no!" when he saw Aliens 4 and saw the scene where aliens are diving in the water. Said that's too revealing and specifically didn't like that it was CGI. That's good because he knows actual costume looks better than CGI and that translates well for a Predator movie, but I'm again worried we won't see the Predator a lot in this movie. I don't want this to be Godzilla where you got to see it for 10 mins total.

Mystery is great, but how do you make the Predator mysterious again when we all know about it? Not only that, but we also know the Predator looks cool and we want to see more of him. I'm worried that building the whole mystery about the creature again will fail.

Corporal Hicks

I can't say I ever found Predator scary but I am really curious to see how he will return a sense of mystery to the Predator whilst still expanding on the lore.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 17, 2016, 08:05:37 AM
I can't say I ever found Predator scary but I am really curious to see how he will return a sense of mystery to the Predator whilst still expanding on the lore.

You'd find him scary if you were a macho badass from the 80s and a potential worthy trophy. Just like every man probably said he's not scared of Jack The Ripper.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 17, 2016, 08:05:37 AMI can't say I ever found Predator scary.

Yeah, me neither. It was never a horror franchise.

That said, I'm not averse to him trying to add some more fear into it.

overthere

overthere

The atmosphere in that jungle was scary. Think about it. Something's killing them, one by one. It's not scary to us personally, but we can sense the characters are afraid.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

There was tension but I was never scared watching it. It wasn't that kind of film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed