Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 192,977 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

;D

overthere

overthere

I assume there's no way for this to be done by the end of the year? I just hope it's 2017. then, not 2018., even though Alien is coming out next year. I simply can't wait until 2018.

Corporal Hicks

There's a slim possibility but it might end up being rushed. I'd rather wait until next year.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

2017 seems possible, and it would be the 30th anniversary.

Johnny Handsome

There is no way this movie is coming out this year, it's just not realistic.
The script was just approved, now they have to Budget everything out, start pre-production, casting, location Scouts, suit and prop work, then another 2 months of shooting... they literally needed to begin filming this yesterday, yet they are all the way at the start. :-\ I don't think so.

My guess, they will start shooting in june/july for a summer 2017 release, which gives them enough time to sort everything out.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Yeah, post production is a whole other huge chunk of time that they wouldn't be able to fit in this year.

We really don't want this one rushed. Predators was pretty obviously rushed.

Let's all remember that the original Predator had a protracted production schedule and that only helped the movie by letting them iron out the films editing and getting the effects looking really good.

overthere

overthere

Why is this in a different section? Doesn't the section "Predator" cover all films?

I was wondering why the Predator section was quiet.

Corporal Hicks

When a new film starts to kick in they're given a board of their own temporarily.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Fred Dekker just updated his Facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/DirectorFredDekker/posts/810024849128835

overthere

overthere

He mentioned BIG news a few times. The only really BIG thing that comes to mind is Arnold returning. I'm sure this is going to be the case.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: overthere on Apr 13, 2016, 12:09:45 AM
He mentioned BIG news a few times. The only really BIG thing that comes to mind is Arnold returning. I'm sure this is going to be the case.

I asked about 50 Cent's statements about being in the movie. But I don't expect Fred to be answering that, and if that happens to be true-- then what's the point of keeping it secret since 50 pretty much let the cat out of the bag?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on Apr 13, 2016, 12:09:45 AMHe mentioned BIG news a few times.

Big news could simply be some other famous face in the starring role. Assuming it's Arnie-related is jumping the gun a little bit.

Corporal Hicks

It could really be anything. But at this point I think it will be related to casting. I can't wait for them to actually confirm who will be in it!

Also can't fault him on the concerns. So many websites report news without even reading what they're reporting.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 13, 2016, 07:54:34 AM
It could really be anything. But at this point I think it will be related to casting. I can't wait for them to actually confirm who will be in it!

Also can't fault him on the concerns. So many websites report news without even reading what they're reporting.
Well, he probably got a big fat bitchslap from FOX for spreading some news.

One of the reasons i didn't want to flat out say where i got the script news from back in November, i just didn't want to be that guy to get him into Trouble... only for him to share it to the public a couple of days later  :P

BUT, i still wasn't that guy...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed