One more Scott prequel, AVP 3, Blomkamp film, sequel to Resurrection or Reboot?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Aug 03, 2017, 05:44:56 PM

Where would you like the Alien series to go next?

One more Ridley Scott prequel
Alien vs. Predator 3
Blomkamp's retconned pseudo-sequel with Ripley and Hicks
Sequel to Alien Resurrection with Ripley 8
Reboot the whole series and start from scratch
Soft reboot, set within existing continuity but new characters
Author
One more Scott prequel, AVP 3, Blomkamp film, sequel to Resurrection or Reboot? (Read 33,572 times)

The Old One

The Old One

The purpose is our own. But yes, OT.

Again;
Spoiler

Ridley Scott (Produced) final prequel, Neill Blomkamp's original idea (prior the retcon idea), and a series.

Contrasting directions at once's a good idea, but no previous location, we know the ending.

A anthology series or, season by season scenarios.
[close]

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

It'd be rude not to green light both a final Ridley Scott film and a Neill Blomkamp film.

Russ

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 26, 2019, 07:05:23 PM
Welcome to Camp Handwave Alien 3 Russ!  We're a fun bunch over here and we choose great movies over nihilism.  This isn't the nineties!

I've always been secretly one of you. For the reasons I describe in the Hicks / Newt thread. I've got no issues with the characters being killed, but killing them off-camera was (to me) an appalling decision. And we already have over 180 pages on the facehugger(s) so I'm not gonna go there  :D

Frosty's right, though. Why can't we have both.

Corporal Hicks

Money. Covenant didn't exactly show Alien as a huge property. It'd be a risk for them to bank roll two films in the series at once.

SiL

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Mar 27, 2019, 08:25:36 AM
It'd be stupid not to green light both a final Ridley Scott film and a Neill Blomkamp film.
Opposite; it'd be dumb to greenlight both when one Scott film didn't perform as well as expected, and Blomkamp has a string of "eh" releases to his name.

Russ

I'm gonna make Ridley carry the can for it, then...

Huggs

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 26, 2019, 08:22:16 PM
That is the nihilistic point of view, though as it is a view, it is also your choice.  It doesn't mean that the universe is actually as you view it.  The view that the universe is guided by some sort of intelligence (may it be beyond our grasp of imagination) remains a valid point of view, in which case, our universe may not be apathetic.  It is just not knowable.

I believe in God.

I also believe this physical universe has rules. Death, loss, and atrophy are part of the system, and often pointless.

I believe there is an element of purpose, but i also believe in sh*t happens.

There are movies that properly illuminate either concept. Alien excels at nihilism.

Frosty Venom

Well if they want to continue making films in this franchise I'd say either would be a good marketable direction to take, eventually followed by the other.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 27, 2019, 03:39:08 PM
That is the nihilistic point of view, though as it is a view, it is also your choice.  It doesn't mean that the universe is actually as you view it.  The view that the universe is guided by some sort of intelligence (may it be beyond our grasp of imagination) remains a valid point of view, in which case, our universe may not be apathetic.  It is just not knowable.

I believe in God.

I also believe this physical universe has rules. Death, loss, and atrophy are part of the system, and often pointless.

There are movies that properly illuminate either concept. Alien excels at nihilism.

I think Alien 3 secured that nihilistic tone in the series.  It was only a part-element previously.  Aliens was a Disney film for all intents and purposes.  With a little princess no less.  It was a film of loss, but also of hope.  It was humanity winning over the darkness, whereas Alien 3 was just about humanity staring off into darkness.  The good guys lost.  ...and people wonder why the film didn't have mass appeal.

Huggs

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 27, 2019, 06:49:56 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Mar 27, 2019, 03:39:08 PM

I believe in God.

I think Alien 3 secured that nihilistic tone in the series.  It was only a part-element previously.  Aliens was a Disney film for all intents and purposes.  With a little princess no less.  It was a film of loss, but also of hope.  It was humanity winning over the darkness, whereas Alien 3 was just about humanity staring off into darkness.  The good guys lost.  ...and people wonder why the film didn't have mass appeal.

Everybody wants to hear the sermon about love, hope and the triumph of good.
Nobody wants an hour of hell, sin, and the failure of man.

P-Rock

Quote from: SiL on Mar 27, 2019, 10:24:47 AM
Quote from: Frosty Venom on Mar 27, 2019, 08:25:36 AM
It'd be stupid not to green light both a final Ridley Scott film and a Neill Blomkamp film.
Opposite; it'd be dumb to greenlight both when one Scott film didn't perform as well as expected, and Blomkamp has a string of "eh" releases to his name.

Except that Ridley has made plenty of good movies and Blomkamp hasn't.

CristianoRonaldo7

The only purpose of existence is reproduction. Love? Some people never feel love. I never feel love. I prefer to have sons and daughters.

Huggs

Quote from: CristianoRonaldo7 on Mar 28, 2019, 10:15:22 PM
The only purpose of existence is reproduction. Love? Some people never feel love. I never feel love. I prefer to have sons and daughters.

I remember that one, but can't place the movie for some reason. I remember it was from the 90's.

CristianoRonaldo7

Hahahaha. I was being sincere. Like the final words of Morgan Freeman in SEVEN

The Old One

The Old One

And fyi, the good guys won at the end of the Alien Trilogy- it just took losing everything to achieve it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed