IGN's Preview Community Event (Live Stream February 2nd)

Started by ikarop, Jan 24, 2013, 12:51:20 AM

Author
IGN's Preview Community Event (Live Stream February 2nd) (Read 84,117 times)

OpenMaw

I think one of the best things about AVP 99's aliens, which hasn't really been seen in any aliens game since, was their nasty habit of craking if exposed to heavy gun fire. Yeah, in AVP 2010 they burst if you torch them, but in AVP 99 they could explode in a shower of acid just from an intense pulse rifle burst. It made contending with them a real threat to your health.

I get why it's been tone down (for mass market appeal) but it really was the best depiction of the lethality of acid blood.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

I'm kind of happy they listened to my feedback at least two times -you can turn off the motion tracker notification icon (I was very specific and vocal about it and created a dedicated thread for this issue) and that guy thrown in the vacuum straight into outer glass of umbilical bridge no longer cracks the glass. I wonder if there's anything more.

Salt The Fries

Now the bad part, at some point there's a Xeno coming sideways after having broken through a window, it falls down initially, then picks up. I'm on my phone now and I can't tell you which exact minute this happens in the stream but in one of the previous trailers that Alien appeared in exactly the same spot with identical animation which worries me about the randomness of encounters...

OpenMaw

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Feb 07, 2013, 03:33:02 PM
Now the bad part, at some point there's a Xeno coming sideways after having broken through a window, it falls down initially, then picks up. I'm on my phone now and I can't tell you which exact minute this happens in the stream but in one of the previous trailers that Alien appeared in exactly the same spot with identical animation which worries me about the randomness of encounters...

I'd say minimal. Minimal chance of random encounters.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 07, 2013, 03:35:22 PM

Even in dead space 2 they had a couple of different spawn points in every room and the game randomized it upon every death or save game reload...granted this was only for enemies breaking through vents or any other breakable objects, but still it kept your guard at all times.

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Feb 07, 2013, 03:39:11 PM

Even in dead space 2 they had a couple of different spawn points in every room and the game randomized it upon every death or save game reload...granted this was only for enemies breaking through vents or any other breakable objects, but still it kept your guard at all times.

RULES.

OpenMaw

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 07, 2013, 07:31:49 PM
Quote from: Salt The Fries on Feb 07, 2013, 03:39:11 PM

http://www.blogcdn.com/news.bigdownload.com/media/2010/01/avapclaisnfhshdejan5-1263581533.jpg

RULES.

Always reminds me of when i'd run to one end of a map, spawn a couple PREDBOTS, then go to the other side and spawn some aliens, and then run back to the preds and watch everybody fight.

Ah... Chaos. It's a good thing in games.  :D

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 07, 2013, 08:08:07 PM

Always reminds me of when i'd run to one end of a map, spawn a couple PREDBOTS, then go to the other side and spawn some aliens, and then run back to the preds and watch everybody fight.

Ah... Chaos. It's a good thing in games.  :D

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 07, 2013, 02:39:52 PM
I dont know if you played AvP classic when it was released

Yep!

Used to bring it into college on my laptop, which could just about handle the graphics and have lots of fun between lulls in education. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed