Predators Reviews Roundup

Started by Darkness, Jul 09, 2010, 10:38:13 PM

Author
Predators Reviews Roundup (Read 18,072 times)

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

This movie definately was not a 5/5, however did get my blood boiling in some parts. The movie was really good, it certainly did not suck. The cast portrayed their characters really well and the story flowed well. Movie started off pretty kick ass ;)

dbesier75

dbesier75

i just saw the film today, and enjoyed it. did it WOW me, not so much. i agree with capsule on all counts and you make valid points. i dont think that nimrod should have directed it.RR should have taken the helm. the mans an action junkie, and thats what the film was missing. i did'nt like the fact that the new preds' were easily killed off by humans and that the old preds' were not so much of a match against the other species. i honestly think that the original pred should have finished the final one as an act of vengeance, then the end would have gone a different route. like its pretty obvious that the planet they were on was'nt the old preds' game reserve and that they all should find a way off that planet before more of the others come, still paving the way for a sequel. so basically the real problem i'm having is that there was definately alot of charachter flaws on the preds' part. i hope they get it right next time. overall brodey surprised me he was actually good and i ended up not wanting his spine ripped out. it def beat the crap out of the avp franchise but just ended up below a level from its originator.

Spoon

Spoon

i was going to say the same thing.  Predator 1 they had no idea and it was all quick deaths.  
In predators everyone was a moving target basically.  So it becomes alot harder.  Even in predator 1 at the end when arnold was running the predator couldnt hit him. Pred never made any kills on a moving target on humans.

Hell-Scorpion

Hell-Scorpion

I loved it. I mean at some problems with the Beserker-Classic fight outcome but still a good film.

NikTh

Argman50693

Argman50693

I just got back from the theatre. Was I satisfied with this film? When I first walked out I was a little unsure of how I thought (which isn't really a great sign).  However, when my friends and I kind of went over it during our conversation afterward, I realized that it was a pretty solid film.  I loved all of the characters. Adrien Brody was a total badass in this movie! But my biggest problem with this film were the predators themselves.  I enjoyed seeing the "classic" look of the normal Predator. Finally it's back!  But the new predator....eh. The Berserker Predator looked great when masked.  I liked the ornamental jaw and the mask itself which together made it look very intimidating.  But when it took off its mask I was like awwwwww.  It looked too different to be considered a Predator plus it looked a bit fake. I know it had the dreadlocks and similar mandibles but it looked a bit too spiderish or insectlike to me.  It looked like someone got an ant, enlarged its head and stuck it on a predator's body. But other than that...cool movie!

tigerija

tigerija

Why do you guyz care how they look that much ? xD
They are predators, and in predator 1 we seen only 1 predator, they all look different.

Well, Havent seen movie yet (will in couple of days), but seems like NORMAL movie.
Mostly all movies nowdays are bad... there are few excellent.

But this is true predator movie... AvP movies were fake.

dallas121

dallas121

Just saw the movie yesterday after waiting a entire year.
That was an amazing moment! A god dam movie at last!
I m a tipic Predator fanboy who was badly satisfied with the AvP movies before, but Predators takes its rank as the true sequel of Pred 1.
I was very impressed and enjoyed my time. Sure there are missing stuffs but regarding the production delay, budget and the staff is a complete success.
Go back to theater at 1:00pm
Thanks Bob! Hope you plan a sequel.

Zbam

Zbam

**SPOILERS**
I enjoyed the movie but there were 2 things in particular that annoyed me. Noland's demise. Not only did the cannon explode him into tiny pieces but I was thinking, if this guy has been hiding out for "10 seasons" then SURELY he would've been the ultimate trophy, no? So why blow him up???
Also, Edwin. Why the sudden change at the end?? Whats that all about. Yes I know he's supposed to be a murderer but it just had no bearing on the movie at all!!! Other than that I enjoyed it thoroughly  ;D

Joe117

Joe117

8/10 for me

bladehuntr

bladehuntr

For me Noland's death made sense,the predators are probably pissed off that they let him live for so long.

Over all I give the film a 4.5/5 It's not perfect. but it reminded me in a way of my favorite film Aliens. The visuals were very well done and the cast played the characters very well. over all It was pretty damn awesome.

ANYTIME

ANYTIME

I have seen it, this movie is totally awesome! I love the classic Little Richards' "Long Tall Sally" from the PREDATOR chopper scene at the ending credits, but it is obvious that Royce and Isabelle won't  "have some fun tonight" for sure hahahaha.

panzytuio

panzytuio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRxfYP2MpZY&playnext_from=TL&videos=fNqrOdOvogA&feature=sub

Link to a review from IGN with some new footage for anyone who hasn't seen movie yet.

Well think of it this way ... in both Predator and Alien, it was one creature taking out the whole group.
In Aliens and Predators both sides take some serious casualties.
I think all in all what RR said that he was trying to make the Aliens of the predator world he did just that.

cubanb82

cubanb82

im a huge predator fan.. and this review mine. sorry, but it's how i felt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr4jX4Xm6I

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed