Sigourney Weaver Talks Alien Prequel

Started by Darkness, Jun 24, 2009, 09:11:23 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver Talks Alien Prequel (Read 16,751 times)

Darkness

Sigourney Weaver has spoken about the upcoming Alien Prequel on SciFi Squad. It’s doubtful she’ll play any role in the prequel. She says Ripley couldn’t appear in a prequel because her first encounter with the creature is in Alien. But she’s happy that Ridley Scott is producing it.

Do you have any interest in being part of the planned Alien prequel movie, or appearing in the franchise ever again?

Well, I don’t think that Ripley could appear in an Alien prequel because she doesn’t have any access to the creature until the first Alien. But Ridley (Scott) is producing it and that makes me happy. I wasn’t thrilled with the whole Alien Vs. Predator thing. I never saw them, but one of the reasons I died in (Alien) 3 was to not have anything to do with those (laughs). Just because, you know, I think it just seemed so economically motivated somehow. I feel we did four good movies, and I’m content with that. I hope if they do something new, they will encompass the idea of where the alien first came from, because I think that’s an interesting idea — to find out what happened and “how did it get to us?”.

Thanks to DazAvP85 for the news.

DONTCARE

DONTCARE

wow no one commented mariahcareys new single "OBSESSED" memoirs of an imperfect angel due out aug 25th, obsessed is off the chain

rudy ripley

rudy ripley

see now as i understand it, ripley can't show on the new Alien movie because this one is before her and her crew. i knew i  was right that  she can't be around during the space jockeys. it doesn't appear on the timeline. but it does show until ALIEN 1. this is the 1st time not having SIgourney Weaver as "Ripley". even though making a Alien movie you have to have SIG but not anymore. this is will go in a loop from Alien Resurrection to Alien prequel to ALIEN 1.

Bakub

Bakub

I know this is a prequel and it might turn out well because Ridley is producting it. I also think that there won't be any new alien film involving Sigourney.She is almost 60 years old , the only two thing that could be done is to get a new actor for the role or some CGI bullshit.I hope noone of these will happen because it would ruin it.

Mike D

Mike D

This movie is gonna have to be like 2000 or more years before the first one because of the Predators having them to hunt on Earth thousands of years ago (AVP)

Mike D

Mike D

I forgot to say that's if they make a movie showing how they came about.

shinigami

That Ripley would not appear in Alien prequil was obvious. But i don't think that this movie is gonna be about how Aliens were created/ where they came from. You see even in the first film nor in any other the characters didn't know nor mentioned the origin of the aliens.

Rob

Rob

@ Mike D  !!!OBVIOUSLY!!!. Did you make that up your self or did you need help!. Of Course it's more than 2000 years before the first one, what part of PREQUEL don't you understand!!!

Xenomorphine

What in the world has Mariah Carey got to do with this?!   ???    If you're spamming, at least do it with correct grammar.   :)  

Mr. Predator

Mr. Predator

Rob just because it's called a "prequel" why does that mean it's 2 thousand years. It could only be 20.

Neon_Knight

Mike D, and Rob:  You're not seriously suggesting that the AvP films should be at all involved or should even remotely reference to the canon of the alien franchise, are you? The prequel could be from 10 years to a hundred years before Alien, it's up to the writers.  What AvP says about what happened or what the timeline was is completely, completely irrelevant, and should not even be considered, it should not even be briefly thought about because it's a crossover film.   You wouldn't add King Kong vs Godzilla to the canon of either of those franchises, would you? What AvP says is irrelevant, and is not considered a part of the story as far as Alien or Predator is concerned, firstly because it's a stupid crossover, and secondly because it's a stupid, awful crossover.    :-\  

Mike D

Mike D

Well put Neon, I was just thinking out loud. Sorry Rob

Zillamaster202

Sorry to hear that Ripley isn't going to appear in the prequal, but it makes more sense that way because it could be 10 or 10,000 years before she was even born in the Prequal. Anyway, i would like to learn more about the Space Jocky's and if they are rivals/allies to the Predator Species or not...   ???     ;D  

DivineStrike

im glad she isn't gonna be in this. she shouldnt have been in the 4th one. and if they had gone with some other story not having anything to do with a cloned ripley and retarded mutated aliens. we would of already had a fifth movie. im wondering if all new alien movies should do what the books do and have a new group of characters each movie. with references to previous movies and maybe. im having trouble writing what i mean but im off topic anyway so ill shut up. i do have high hopes for this movie though thanks to ridley

Dr.PaulChurch

Dr.PaulChurch

Divine Strike,  totally agree. Spin Offs would be an amazing idea, hence why there are so many memorable Aliens comic storylines... as if you couldn't tell by my signature, I love Aliens:Labyrinth. What a great freakin' movie that would be, the hive sequence alone would be spectacular if done with the same love and attention as illustrated and written by Plunkett and Woodring respectively.  Fox should've just made the original Aliens versus Predator comic story into a movie- they didn't.  But maybe, just maybe, there is hope that they will look to Dark Horse for inspiration if there will indeed be future sequels in the series.  Ridley being involved is a blessing. This movie will not be bad if he directs. In fact, I know it will be amazing because of him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed