Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,364 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 07, 2021, 05:01:11 PMAnd make everything clear and boring ? No, thanks

There's a big different between leaving interesting questions and just flat-out making no sense.

Kradan

Do you think there's a satisfying answer though ?

HuDaFuK

I'm sure someone with more talent than me could think of something.

426Buddy

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 07, 2021, 05:21:08 PM
Frustratingly ambigious ? Maybe. Boring ? No

I find the ambiguity, tedious characters, and its overall non-ominous tone make the film boring on repeat viewings imo. Also the few scares their are kinda fell flat for me.

Local Trouble

Their reasons for wanting to kill us is one the least mysterious aspects of Prometheus, IMO.  It's an old sci-fi trope that aliens are afraid of us because we're savage, warmongering primates who would pose a threat to every living thing in the universe if we ever advanced far enough.

There's your reason.

Kradan

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 07, 2021, 05:39:39 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Feb 07, 2021, 05:21:08 PM
Frustratingly ambigious ? Maybe. Boring ? No

I find the ambiguity, tedious characters, and its overall non-ominous tone make the film boring on repeat viewings imo. Also the few scares their are kinda fell flat for me.

Well, yeah. I wouldn't call Prometheus a horror movie. Not sure it could've been one with what they were trying to do. Personally, I would've liked it more if they cut all of Hammerpede, Trilobite and Deacon and focused on nothing but relationship between Engineers and humanity instead of trying to squeeze some "BOO" moments in there

Nightmare Asylum

A one-shot comic of Space Jesus' crucifixion.

BlueMarsalis79

Only if someone gets to go really f**king weird and abstract with the whole thing.

Like Girl From The Other Side absolute bizarreness.

And it needs to be something more than acting as a fanwank patch up job for Prometheus' holes.
Something like InSEXts perhaps.

Or something festering with the pure unbridled horror of Winnebago Graveyard.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 07, 2021, 06:14:28 PM

a fanwank patch up job for Prometheus' holes.

But this is what the people want

Huggs

Indeed.

"wank" and "holes" are big sellers.

BlueMarsalis79

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Feb 05, 2021, 10:52:58 PM
And yet nobody had the balls to have it literally grow out of the chair.

I used to like the idea that the Jockey itself was just one of many biomechanical tools that operated the ship. Those airlocks were too small for the jockeys, as where the little areas Kane, Dallas and Lambert were walking through. Once upon a time, in my head, there used to be many other creatures doing other specific tasks on the ship for something else...

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 07, 2021, 06:39:30 PM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 05, 2021, 10:52:58 PM
And yet nobody had the balls to have it literally grow out of the chair.

I used to like the idea that the Jockey itself was just one of many biomechanical tools that operated the ship. Those airlocks were too small for the jockeys, as where the little areas Kane, Dallas and Lambert were walking through. Once upon a time, in my head, there used to be many other creatures doing other specific tasks on the ship for something else...

I remember back in 2011 when Prometheus rumors of a "Giant head (controlling?) the ship" started leaking and I had very similar ideas going on at the time. This was long before we had our first taste of the humanoid Engineers, if I recall correctly.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 07, 2021, 06:39:30 PMI used to like the idea that the Jockey itself was just one of many biomechanical tools that operated the ship. Those airlocks were too small for the jockeys, as where the little areas Kane, Dallas and Lambert were walking through. Once upon a time, in my head, there used to be many other creatures doing other specific tasks on the ship for something else...

Nah, f**k it, man in a suit.

Nightmare Asylum

I still want to see a merging of the two concepts, and see the Engineers' self-experimentation (via the pathogen, and other means as well) literally fusing them to their technology, their spacesuits, etc. and causing them to grow outwardly in unprecedented, not quite so humanoid forms.

Spoiler
And maybe David might just do the same thing. Shhhh. ;)
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed