Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology

Started by BryanThomasS, Jan 07, 2021, 08:18:28 PM

Author
Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology (Read 62,925 times)

Corporal Hicks

I am so damn pumped for this! We don't get enough AvP and seeing the names attached to this, and getting more AvP! Damn! I am ready! Really excited to see where Sigler, in particular, goes with AvP as a sequel to Phalanx!

Kradan

What just happened to my post ? That wasn't very nice  :'(

Corporal Hicks

RidgeTop has asked us to remain on topic. Attempts to flame are gonna be deleted.

Elgyn

Elgyn

Excited for this, but also really interested to see what Titan does with these licences going forward. Already we have titles split into Alien, Aliens, AvP & Predator. Broadly the same continuity, but different tones & set-ups.

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2021, 08:16:36 AM
I am so damn pumped for this! We don't get enough AvP and seeing the names attached to this, and getting more AvP! Damn! I am ready! Really excited to see where Sigler, in particular, goes with AvP as a sequel to Phalanx!

Yeah thats crazy awesome! Wonder if a predator will be hunting Aliyah, she is quite the warrior.

Voodoo Magic

Welcome Aliens: Phalanx... to AvP lore!!

Drukathi

Even though I'm primarily an Alien fan, I enjoyed If It Bleeds more than Bug Hunt. Most of the stories in Bug Hunt were scanty, cropped, obscure mess. Predator did better. And most of the stories were told from A to Z. I don't know why this happened. Perhaps because it is easier to write about the Predator - it's just a two-meter Neanderthal with blasters. And the Alien is just a vague chitinous (!) swarming of thorns (!!) and tentacles (!!!) - according to the books.

scottsigler

Hell yeah, can't wait to write another story about Ataegina.

RidgeTop

Quote from: scottsigler on Jan 28, 2021, 06:10:37 PM

And we can't wait to read it! I'll be especially curious to see if this takes place shortly after Phalanx or during another time period.

Engineer

Hey Scott!
If you turn Aliens: phalanx into part 1 of an epic AVP story, like Tim Lebbon's Rage War trilogy, I'd really get into that... food for thought...

Lost_Hunter

Lookin forward to this! If it Bleeds had some hiccups but for the most part it was a sleeper hit! Wouldn't have grabbed it if it weren't this site. Don't judge the Titan books by their covers. It's been a while since I read an AVP novel, was the Rage War series good? Never got around to it.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Engineer on Jan 28, 2021, 10:19:33 PM

Hey Scott!
If you turn Aliens: phalanx into part 1 of an epic AVP story, like Tim Lebbon's Rage War trilogy, I'd really get into that... food for thought...

*drooling*

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Jan 29, 2021, 05:28:42 AM
Lookin forward to this! If it Bleeds had some hiccups but for the most part it was a sleeper hit! Wouldn't have grabbed it if it weren't this site. Don't judge the Titan books by their covers. It's been a while since I read an AVP novel, was the Rage War series good? Never got around to it.

Rage War makes me call Tim Lebbon "Master of Worldbuilding". I was very, VERY impressed with picture of far future of 27th century he painted in that trilogy. For me, it succeeded in creating feeling of broad universe while keeping it in realms of Alien universe. His characters aren't always exactly multidimensional or too deep but I'd be lying if they're not a hell of a fun to read

Lost_Hunter

Woh! That's a strong recommendation, I will give it a sniff. Thanks Kradan

EJA

I hope the stories are standalone, and don't tie in too much to previous novels.

Kradan

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Jan 29, 2021, 05:33:24 PM
Woh! That's a strong recommendation, I will give it a sniff. Thanks Kradan

Seriously, there was just so much interesting sci-fi stuff and exotic places characters visited. I loved that trilogy. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed