What it could have been...

Started by War Wager, Sep 18, 2007, 02:30:06 PM

Author
What it could have been... (Read 2,901 times)

War Wager

War Wager

I was looking through some old news on CJ on gamespot.co.uk and I thought I'd post in a few things that were in development but didn't end up in the final game:

"Weapons include wristblades, a net gun, the classic smart disc, a combistick, the plasmacaster and a spear gun."

"Enables you to hunt through an entire city, GTA style."

"Stealth moves such as hanging from ceilings and crawling on walls."

"Four vision modes including Prey scan which allows you to find weaknesses in your prey." 

"The game begins in 1930 Chicago"

"First missions are completely stealth."

I'm still pretty annoyed that it's mission based and not a free-roam game. It would have made it so much better!  >:(

dale07

dale07

i think it would be mint if you could rome around gta style

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Quote from: War Wager on Sep 18, 2007, 02:30:06 PM
I was looking through some old news on CJ on gamespot.co.uk and I thought I'd post in a few things that were in development but didn't end up in the final game:

"Weapons include wristblades, a net gun, the classic smart disc, a combistick, the plasmacaster and a spear gun."

"Four vision modes including Prey scan which allows you to find weaknesses in your prey." 

I'm still pretty annoyed that it's mission based and not a free-roam game. It would have made it so much better!  >:(

Agreed, this game could of been awesome! they should of done a free roaming Splinter Cell type game. If they do a CJ2 game I hope its got the same atmosphere Splinter Cell has.

Master Chief

Master Chief

I was better off not reading this...Did the article state as to why the developers took out what they did?

Huol

Huol

The game does begin in 1930's. Whether or not that city is actually based on chicago i have no idea.
You can crawl across walls and ceilings if they're grated. A pred crawling on concrete makes no sense.
You can scan your prey for their weaknesses.

Oh and it was Fox who made them hurry up. Not exactly the developers fault.

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: Huol on Sep 18, 2007, 03:28:35 PM

The game does begin in 1930's. Whether or not that city is actually based on chicago i have no idea.
You can crawl across walls and ceilings if they're grated. A pred crawling on concrete makes no sense.
You can scan your prey for their weaknesses.

Oh and it was Fox who made them hurry up. Not exactly the developers fault.

The game does start in 1930 but in New Way City. The reason they had to make up a city is because it gets blown up at the end. You can't randomly hang from ceilings and crawl on walls like you could have and although you can scan for what hurts an enemy more, it probably means physical weaknesses like head, body, legs etc.

Night Killer

Night Killer

Netgun!!!  Who the hell took that out of the game?

dark blade clan

I would of liked the double shoulder cannon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed