[AvP3] AvP: Wars

Started by Wolfy, Feb 04, 2007, 04:39:46 PM

Author
[AvP3] AvP: Wars (Read 3,805 times)

Wolfy

Wolfy

We've seen Quake: Wars and after that Halo: Wars, now wouldn't it be a great idea for AvP to follow the trend, and as it game that fits the category better than Quake or Halo, it would be a perfect next-step for the game series.

Idea's for the balance between races, Maps, Scenarios, Vehicles, Weapons, Bases, Alien stuff, pred stuff, marine stuff, WHATEVER, I just want to know what other people think of this idea, it popped into my head a few seconds ago. :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You mean an RTS...we've already got a console RTS. It didn't quite work so well. PC RTS and I'll bite.

Darkness

Darkness

I just downloaded a trailer for that Halo Wars. The animation is great.

Those creatures kinda reminded me of the Predators. They have a cloak and mandibles too.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's all pre-rendered you know?

Yeah...don't know much about Halo, do ya?

Wolfy

Wolfy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2007, 04:43:02 PM
You mean an RTS...we've already got a console RTS. It didn't quite work so well. PC RTS and I'll bite.

Nonono, it's not RTS, It's basically an FPS based around teamwork, alot like BF for example, although I hate BF :)

http://youtube.com/player2.swf?video_id=Nsapfmc-ci4&l=97&t=OEgsToPDskLUCH9wgCDi5ajbHlZHaPQb&s=BDB533FA07002636:53C662DC848F75CD

Some footage of Quake Wars.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2007, 04:52:33 PM
It's all pre-rendered you know?

Yeah...don't know much about Halo, do ya?

That's all pre-rendered? What's the game about?

And no, not really. What were those creatures?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Halo Wars is an RTS...not a squad-based FPS... :-\

The trailer's all pre-rendered, the game's based before Halo and it's about the Human vs Covenant War. The creatures were called Elites, soldiers of the Covenant. And the Halo series is heavily influenced by Aliens and Predators.

Darkness

Darkness

You mean, the trailer is made from the game?

Halo was heavily influenced by A/P? What else is there?

Wolfy

Wolfy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2007, 04:57:26 PM
Halo Wars is an RTS...not a squad-based FPS... :-\

The trailer's all pre-rendered, the game's based before Halo and it's about the Human vs Covenant War. The creatures were called Elites, soldiers of the Covenant. And the Halo series is heavily influenced by Aliens and Predators.

I thought it was following the Quake : Wars idea after I watched a trailer LOL.

Shouldve read more on it tbh :P

(BTW: Make a reply to my Avp2 thread about servers :P
I need an answer and don't think people will check that section enough.)

wytze

wytze

o.O

invalid

invalid

I wanted to make the AvP3 game for years now, mainly so I could develop an awesome multiplayer experience. One of the modes would be "Bug Hunt," where a small squad of marines weed out xenomorphs. It would have vehicle comabt, much like Quake Wars and Battlefield.

But now that you mention it, a full-fledged product would be pretty sweet.

Cellien

Cellien

I love Halo.. but it is so ripped from Aliens and Predator its crazy!  I am suprised it hasn't caught more criticism.  I have always kind of thought of Halo as the new Aliens.. I really love the games and hope they continue on with a good Halo movie!

Jungle Hunter

Jungle Hunter

they should make one like that but the preds should have a vehicle of some sort cause they only have really cool weaponry while we have nukes and tanks lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed