The Predator has been delayed to August 3rd 2018

Started by Anthony, Apr 22, 2017, 04:28:35 PM

Author
The Predator has been delayed to August 3rd 2018 (Read 24,892 times)

Cereal Killer

Quote from: paperhearts on Apr 23, 2017, 11:33:47 PM
Quote from: Cereal Killer on Apr 23, 2017, 10:02:24 PM
Quote from: paperhearts on Apr 23, 2017, 09:55:33 PM
Quote from: Jacku on Apr 23, 2017, 09:27:40 PM
https://twitter.com/BonafideBlack/status/856234884012093440

That sounds like Black wanted it pushed back not just because of Black Panther but other reasons, his reasons.  I'm hoping he's definitely fixing what he can in this movie. 
least Stephen Kings It is out soon that will keep me going. Isn't the predator set in Halloween?

From what has been leaked yeah.  I'm looking forward to IT myself.  But it does sound like it fits a whole lot better if the kid is trick or treating and the movie is released near Halloween.

Quote from: newagescamartist on Apr 23, 2017, 10:14:03 PM
I don't think this delay has any impact on the actual shoot though. For everyone hoping that they fix the script just remember they're filming it right now. I can't tell you how much of a nightmare it would be if they just ditched the script mid-shoot. They'd essentially be filming action sets with no real direction. If that were to happen it could bury this franchise forever.

I know people who work in practical effects for tv and movies and they do change pieces, add things, etc... So it can happen if they decide to do it.  I don't think they are going to revamp the script or change it completely but it's still very possible to change or cut things.  That's what I said earlier and what I'm crossing my fingers for now.

I'm all for Shane Black getting extra time to do his thing to make a good movie from not just the script but everything else as well.  And from his tweet, he is all for it too.
maybe another reason to have it later Giving it that Halloween feel.

Yeah I can't wait for IT, Never really liked the last one but understand why people like it. Watched a movie called the void should check it out.

SpeedyMaxx

I hear The Void is fun. I missed it at a festival here in town last fall and do want to see it.

It looks like It is sticking close to the Cary Fukunaga screenplay from before he left the project; given that it looks more impressive than I expected without him. So I do have some hopes there.

Cereal Killer

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 24, 2017, 12:07:43 AM
I hear The Void is fun. I missed it at a festival here in town last fall and do want to see it.

It looks like It is sticking close to the Cary Fukunaga screenplay from before he left the project; given that it looks more impressive than I expected without him. So I do have some hopes there.
I definitely enjoyed it. Reminded me of the thing with touches of hellraiser, currently watching get out? So far so good.

Anthony

Anthony

There's also Saw Legacy and a new Cloverfield movie out this fall.

I just wish we were still getting a new Friday The 13th film.

Also, I was planning on see The Void a few weeks back, but ended up seeing Colossal instead. I think its on Netflix though.

SpeedyMaxx

I have seen the script for the film that became "Cloverfield 3" and all I can say is I hope it was considerably reworked.

There are and have been many attempts at a new Friday the 13th over the last couple years. The one I absolutely loved - from Nick Antosca, a writer for the Hannibal TV series and the co-creator of SyFy's Channel Zero anthology series - was part Richard Linklater-style hangout/coming of age piece, and takes a long time to build characters carefully and then begin to kill them unpredictably. It's funny and sweet and also very dark and violent and unsettling, and it's unlike any other film in the franchise. That got rejected.

There's also a draft I saw from the writer of Prisoners which basically tries to fuse both prequel material (with the Voorhees family) and the first two F13s all into one new movie, which I find rushed and too much. So F13 is back in dev hell at the moment.

BishopShouldGo

The Antosca draft, which is now online I believe, was pretty cool. Really dug the ending. But can we please stop with the '80s songs every 8 pages? This goes for the Antosca and Guzi drafts.

The Guzikowski draft was like three different movies! Great beginning and ending though. The bell was a nice touch. Apparently Vera Farmiga was in talks for Mrs. V. Bette Midler too. The latter I'm not so sure of though.

Have you read the Naing & Goldberg script?

And last I heard, Cunningham wanted to produce the next F13th himself, and not just collect a paycheck. Lol!

SpeedyMaxx

The '80s songs make the Antosca draft. Like Linklater's movies, it's a tone poem!

The Guzikowski draft is all over the place. But I need to give it a fairer shot and really read it close as opposed to glancing through.

I don't know the other draft you mention.

D88M

well that is retarded but understandable, the crappy childish, disney mcu movies (i am a Marvel fan btw, but not of the bad stuff) make a lot of money at the box office and they could not handle that kind of competition, still they have to release it when the movie is ready and not like six months later

Ushella

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 24, 2017, 12:42:25 AM

Where are you finding drafts and such? WHO ARE YOU?! WHERE ARE THE DRAFTS?!!!! SWEAR TO MEEEEE!!!!!

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 24, 2017, 12:42:25 AM
The '80s songs make the Antosca draft. Like Linklater's movies, it's a tone poem!

The Guzikowski draft is all over the place. But I need to give it a fairer shot and really read it close as opposed to glancing through.

Haha. I think you'll still find Guzi's draft a bit disjointed upon a more discerning read. I expected more from the Prisoners man. Why did she have to get addicted to drugs? Predictable.

It was the found footage draft. I don't think it was any good though.

SpeedyMaxx

It feels like some studio exec told him to mash three different Friday movies (including new background mythology) together into one draft and that it needed to be under two hours. I can't believe that was by choice.

I thought Dan Farrands wrote the found footage take. I would be keen to see it.

Quote from: Ushella on Apr 24, 2017, 12:51:43 AM
Where are you finding drafts and such? WHO ARE YOU?! WHERE ARE THE DRAFTS?!!!! SWEAR TO MEEEEE!!!!!

In the immortal words of Paul Verhoeven's Showgirls: "Different places!" But unlike The Predator most stuff I am potentially willing to share.

Ushella

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 24, 2017, 01:03:29 AM
Quote from: Ushella on Apr 24, 2017, 12:51:43 AM

In the immortal words of Paul Verhoeven's Showgirls: "Different places!" But unlike The Predator most stuff I am potentially willing to share.

Okay cool, I'd like $2000 please and a script of the Last Jedi too.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 24, 2017, 12:21:03 AM
I have seen the script for the film that became "Cloverfield 3" and all I can say is I hope it was considerably reworked.

You referring to God Particle?

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Ushella on Apr 24, 2017, 01:12:12 AM
a script of the Last Jedi too.

I left it at the dry cleaners.

Quote from: Anthony on Apr 24, 2017, 01:13:38 AM

Yep. In fairness I believe the draft I saw pre-dated it being snapped up for Cloverfield, and I assume possibly re-worked.

Anthony

Anthony

I just hope that when Paramount loses the F13 rights, Blumhouse will pick them up and do something similar to what they're doing with Halloween.

Also, what is the Naing & Goldberg script, Bishop?

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 24, 2017, 01:15:20 AM

Quote from: Anthony on Apr 24, 2017, 01:13:38 AM

Yep. In fairness I believe the draft I saw pre-dated it being snapped up for Cloverfield, and I assume possibly re-worked.

Yeah, I think Doug Jung was brought on to re-write it just before filming began.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed