Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,136 times)

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Love the Kenner style NECA logo!

Transmitted from Zeta Reticuli.

Parademon

Parademon

I just got the Gorilla Alien as IMO, that's a much more plausible creature that a facehugger would attach itself to, not an insect such as a Preying Mantis, just doesn't make any sense to make a fig of. I also heard that it's very difficult to stand up & pose due to the legs being so long. I'm ol school when it comes to my Aliens. I just like the humanoid  bipedal versions such as the Drones/Warriors. I will make an exception for the Dog Alien as that is an awesome sculpt.  I'm a late comer to the NECA Aliens//Predator game, so only have Grid Alien that came with Celtic Pred, a shotgun blasted Alien that came with Hicks & Gorilla Alien. I hope to snag a few of the Warrior/drone versions if I can ever find them for a reasonable price, Dog Alien as well. Not really a fan of the Red, Blue, Green, White versions. Makes them too cartoony IMO.

windebieste

windebieste

Almost makes 'em look like a set of traffic lights, yeah.  ...or, make 'em look like toys. 

It used to bother me, too.  I was never interested in the Kenner stuff of the 1990's.  I always thought they were ludicrous and silly and as such I don't own many.  These days I look back at them and think they're quaint.  In a way that weird 20+ year old toys can be.  Mantis Alien is kinda ridiculous.  Absolutely.  These figures originally had little comics included in them.  For this particular Alien it was revealed within its that it originally spawned inside a giant mantis.  lol.  I swear, it doesn't get dumber than that. 

I think that NECA are doing a great job on revitalising them, though.  Mind you, I'm looking forward to seeing what other 1990's figures NECA will craft tributes to.   Crab Alien..?  Can't wait for that one!

Surprisingly, the Scorpion Alien resembles your standard xenomorph more than most of the other outlandish '90's Kenner items figures from this range.  I have owned one of those for about 15 years now.  Mainly because, yes, it does look like an Alien rather than the result of some whacked out toy designer taking notes during an acid trip for inspiration.

-Windebieste.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 21, 2017, 02:17:32 AM
NECA have announced their Series 11 WiP packaging for their Warrior Alien - Vicious Alien Attacker!:

Looks neat, huh.

I already got it covered on HIDEOUS PLASTIC.

-Windebieste.
So icy cool.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 21, 2017, 05:55:30 AM

Surprisingly, the Scorpion Alien resembles your standard xenomorph more than most of the other outlandish '90's Kenner items figures from this range.  I have owned one of those for about 15 years now.  Mainly because, yes, it does look like an Alien rather than the result of some whacked out toy designer taking notes during an acid trip for inspiration.

-Windebieste.

You're forgetting the best part - the Scorpion Alien can EXPLODE if you push a button at the base of its spine. And then you can put it back together and make it EXPLODE AGAIN.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 21, 2017, 06:08:16 PM
Quote from: windebieste on Jan 21, 2017, 05:55:30 AM

-Windebieste.

You're forgetting the best part - the Scorpion Alien can EXPLODE if you push a button at the base of its spine. And then you can put it back together and make it EXPLODE AGAIN.
Michael Bay's favorite toy

windebieste

windebieste

Oh, yeah.  So true!  Let's see NECA include that feature in their release version of it. 

Mine is getting a little worn out around the mechanism so if you're handling it, it can sometimes spontaneously explode. 

-Windebieste.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 22, 2017, 04:49:01 AM
Oh, yeah.  So true!  Let's see NECA include that feature in their release version of it. 

Mine is getting a little worn out around the mechanism so if you're handling it, it can sometimes spontaneously explode. 

-Windebieste.
"Contents Under Pressure"

Relevant related photo:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Dropped into the local Forbidden Planet at the weekend and no sign of the Kenner Aliens.  :'(

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Pic of the new Aliens: Defiance xeno coming from NECA.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

That grin

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I love the turnaround time we have these days. Ahab got a figure before he even appeared in a comic, now Tristan's Praetorian is getting a figure only about a year after first appearing. Exciting times!

skhellter

skhellter

lol.

it's just the alien isolation figure with a different head....

lazy NECA.

windebieste

windebieste

Which in turn was a reworking of their earlier ALIEN figure. 

Stompy getting a 'facelift' isn't enough for me.  I'm guessing this is the figure that rounds out the Series 11 set. 

-Windebieste.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

To be fair, Tristan Jones has stated he based its design in Defiance on the Isolation xeno and it was drawn as such. So it is accurate.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed