Alien Resurrection What Happened?

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Oct 02, 2022, 06:02:29 PM

Author
Alien Resurrection What Happened? (Read 6,007 times)

Corporal Hicks

You really ought to watch the actual video to contribute anything meaningful to this conversation.

BlueMarsalis79

I doubt he would contribute much meaningful even if he did.

Chieftain Suom

BlueMarsalis79

Still Collating...

Wow, the history of game development can be so interesting honestly. Cool find!

Wweyland

Wweyland

One of my Alien gaming biggest achievements is completing this on "Hard" back in 2018.
Really loved it, and hoping for some kind of remaster, perhaps by Nightdive Studios.
News like this is only good for the game.

The Cruentus

Unfortunately I never did get this game when it was released, heared mixed things about it though. such as the "issue" of the controller setup which has now become commonplace in video games.
From the videos I have viewed, it had a neat concept that getting hugged wasn't instant death. You could actually remove the chestburster before it killed you. I'm not sure if any other game did that, I might be wrong though since I have yet to play Dark Descent.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Yeah, the "chestburster removal" concept is very contradictory in the EU.
It's also in Dark Descent, although I usually just reload after it happens and don't take the perk.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 01, 2024, 11:33:00 AMYeah, the "chestburster removal" concept is very contradictory in the EU.
It's also in Dark Descent, although I usually just reload after it happens and don't take the perk.

Though I'm not keen on 'Alien Resurrection' (the movie) as an Alien film, I'll give it a pass on the chestburster removal on account that Number 8 is a hybrid, so kind of makes sense. And at that point, chestburster removal seemed to be possible, as far as suggested by Alien 3 - (granted, unconfirmed). Besides, the EU stuff post-Prometheus changed the hugger from laying an embryo to squirting pathogen that poisons/infects the host and forms an embryo I believe? (I prefer the original method myself). 😊

BlueMarsalis79

You should read The Cold Forge.

The Cruentus

That is a great novel for sure, I reread it a few times. It introduces the concept (or at least gives name for it and clarifies what it is) of the hugger injecting a form of the pathogen, rather than a cancerous growth or embryos.

In recent years I have had mixed feelings about that concept. I mean it does explain how the chesburster grows in the chest cavity, since there is no way an embryo can be placed there throguh the mouth. Unless it somehow burrows through the stomach and/or esophagus wall.

SM

SM

There are easy ways to inject an embryo into the chest cavity.

She 'squirting' concept was around for a very long time in fan circles before The Cold Forge, since the science of how that all worked was never detailed.

The Cruentus

I know there have been many theories involving viral, bacterial and cancerous growths, all of which can explain why the chestburster is sitting in the chest cavity, because it is grown there.

The problem with the embryo theory is that as a solid mass that is deposited into the host's throat, it has no where to go but to the stomach. I am not the best when it comes to biology but the esophagus doesn't have anything leads into the chest, unless I am missing something.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jan 01, 2024, 09:30:39 PMShe 'squirting' concept was around for a very long time in fan circles before The Cold Forge, since the science of how that all worked was never detailed.

First time I ever saw it was on The Anchorpoint Essays many yonks ago.

Spoiler
Did I use "yonks" correctly?
[close]

SM

SM

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 01, 2024, 09:52:36 PMI know there have been many theories involving viral, bacterial and cancerous growths, all of which can explain why the chestburster is sitting in the chest cavity, because it is grown there.

The problem with the embryo theory is that as a solid mass that is deposited into the host's throat, it has no where to go but to the stomach. I am not the best when it comes to biology but the esophagus doesn't have anything leads into the chest, unless I am missing something.

All the hugger would have to do is use a proboscis like organ (like a mosquito) to pierce the esophagus and deposit a tiny embryo.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 01, 2024, 10:33:09 PM
Quote from: SM on Jan 01, 2024, 09:30:39 PMShe 'squirting' concept was around for a very long time in fan circles before The Cold Forge, since the science of how that all worked was never detailed.

First time I ever saw it was on The Anchorpoint Essays many yonks ago.

Spoiler
Did I use "yonks" correctly?
[close]

Yonks requires no quantitative adjective.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed