How to REMOVE Sound Files from the SP Campaign

Started by Hey_Its_a_Boot, Aug 18, 2020, 07:33:21 AM

Author
How to REMOVE Sound Files from the SP Campaign (Read 6,135 times)

Hey_Its_a_Boot

Hey_Its_a_Boot

Hello all,

First off, thanks so much for hosting this awesome community to connect lovers of these great franchises.

I've read the modding tutorial and downloaded the programs helpfully linked there, but there's something the instructions don't seem to cover:

How does one go about REMOVING sound files from the SP campaign?

Specifically, I want to remove the bulk of Tequila's "nag" lines, as they're labelled by the developers. I've successfully extracted and located the voice lines in question, but I'm not sure how to create a new .en file that will overwrite the original with Tequila's reduced voice set. I've loaded the original .en file in the extractor itself, but there's no option to delete anything there.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tackle this? I have nothing against Tequila's character, or the voice actress, but having her constantly in my ear ruins the immersion for me considerably.

Thanks!

SpaceKase

Quote from: Hey_Its_a_Boot on Aug 18, 2020, 07:33:21 AM
Hello all,

First off, thanks so much for hosting this awesome community to connect lovers of these great franchises.

I've read the modding tutorial and downloaded the programs helpfully linked there, but there's something the instructions don't seem to cover:

How does one go about REMOVING sound files from the SP campaign?

Specifically, I want to remove the bulk of Tequila's "nag" lines, as they're labelled by the developers. I've successfully extracted and located the voice lines in question, but I'm not sure how to create a new .en file that will overwrite the original with Tequila's reduced voice set. I've loaded the original .en file in the extractor itself, but there's no option to delete anything there.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tackle this? I have nothing against Tequila's character, or the voice actress, but having her constantly in my ear ruins the immersion for me considerably.

Thanks!

Are they just normal .wav or .mp3 files that have been relabeled with a new file association suffix?

PrimevalYautja

YOu Know? I'd Love to have Tequila's Nagging Removed As well

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed