Obsidian CEO: Aliens RPG felt like a finished game

Started by Cellien, Apr 28, 2010, 05:54:25 PM

Author
Obsidian CEO: Aliens RPG felt like a finished game (Read 14,219 times)

Dachande

Quote from: Puks on Apr 29, 2010, 01:56:42 AM
And with the RPG market slowly dying out (essentially it already died a long time ago in the early 2000's), I doubt we'll ever get an Aliens role playing game.  :(

Please... RPG's arent dying out, they're just evolving into games like Dragon Age, Mas Effect and Oblivion. All genres go through the same thing. Adventure games were out of fashion for a few years, and then Uncharted comes along.

Puks

Yep, that's three games, thank you for proving my point.

Dachande

Quote from: Puks on Apr 29, 2010, 02:39:30 AM
Yep, that's three games, thank you for proving my point.

Well theres more, but i just remember them off the top of my head. We're stuck with a FPS crazy at the moment because everybodies trying to cash in on MW2's coattails.

Also technically, i wasnt trying to use those games as individuals, because we've still got DA2, and ME3 coming. As well as other games coming soon like Alpha Protocol, Dues Ex 3. And theres still others like Final Fantasy being churned out, a new pokemon game every year or so. Plenty of MMORPGs.

All genres do this, they go in and out of fashion. But most genres these days will still be around for a long time. Except for point and click adventures :(

MadassAlex

I'm imagining a rebirth of this with

- Dead Space gameplay style
- But also with RPG elements
- Less monkeying around with Alien designs and concepts
- More interhuman conflict that previously described to make the Aliens seem less like regular enemies and more like an actual danger.

Quote from: MadassAlex on Apr 29, 2010, 05:30:07 AM
I'm imagining a rebirth of this with

- Dead Space gameplay style
- But also with RPG elements
- Less monkeying around with Alien designs and concepts
- More interhuman conflict that previously described to make the Aliens seem less like regular enemies and more like an actual danger.

the problem with dead space or even RE style gameplay is that if a zombie or necromorph gets near you you can realisticly bash them away, but if an alien comes near you, you are eff, you, see, kay, ee, dee

MadassAlex

Totally acceptable.

Fighting more than one Alien at a time needn't be a common scenario. If I ever designed a non-AvP game with Aliens in it where human vs. human conflict takes place, I'd probably prop the Aliens up as boss encounters initially.

Vulhala

"Oh, if you had come in and played any of the last builds we were working on, you would have said it was a finished game," Urquhart told Joystiq. "That's how close we were. It looked and felt like it was ready to ship."

Well, thanks for making me F**KING FEEL BETTER!!!

Brother

It's not true.

JayHy17

I think Alpha Protocal is selling a lot of pre sales and will problably hit at least a million, so there is always a possibilty of seeing the RPG come back! I hope so.

funcroc

http://twitter.com/Feargus/status/13112404097
QuoteI "love" getting quotted by the press... Especially when the quotes aren't actually quotes

SpaceMarines

Interesting.

Vulhala

Quote from: Dachande on Apr 29, 2010, 02:49:38 AM
Except for point and click adventures :(

Broken Sword FTW  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed