New Pictures

Started by FearPeteySodes, Jun 30, 2009, 04:04:58 PM

Author
New Pictures (Read 21,244 times)

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

http://kotaku.com/5304507/a-glimpse-at-the-now-dead-aliens-rpg

That first picture is pretty bad IMO.  I find in amusing that Warhammer 40K borrowed heavily from the franchise in creating the Tyranids to now have the franchise borrow from the Tyranids (look up the Carnifex).

Can't say i agree with the author in that i'm glad its canceled even with the sketchy concepts but it makes me think a bit.

ikarop

ikarop

Those are not new at all and they are not bad imo. I think It expands the Aliens universe in a great way that other projects couldn't

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, not new. Ikarop posted them at the end of May but nobody outside of Obsidian Forums noticed them.

Full set can be found here: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=-204

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As much as I love the EU - I do. I'm big for expanding and novels and etc - but that first pic is horrible. I was always skeptical about the project. It'll be nice for Sega to put their money to a genre that seems more suiting to the franchise.

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

Quote from: ikarop on Jun 30, 2009, 04:09:22 PM
Those are not new at all and they are not bad imo. I think It expands the Aliens universe in a great way that other projects couldn't

Its a direct and blatant rip from 40k.  It also means that Aliens are going the way of GoW and WoW were we need big muscled ogre aliens.

I just find it very uninspired.

Edit: I apologize for the mislabel as new, i must have missed them.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I can't really say I like the designs, but I still wish this game wasn't cancelled.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

The tank Alien definitely needed tweaking, but I think it was a cool concept

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 30, 2009, 04:14:47 PM
I'm big for expanding and novels and etc - but that first pic is horrible.
Somehow I'm glad it is dead... Somebody might even say that it is Alien canon or somethign...

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Space Voyager on Jul 01, 2009, 11:48:45 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 30, 2009, 04:14:47 PM
I'm big for expanding and novels and etc - but that first pic is horrible.
Somehow I'm glad it is dead... Somebody might even say that it is Alien canon or somethign...

It just wasn't made before and There's nothing write against that possibility.

Imo this game was for open minded stans not fanatics.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The first Alien that was shown looks awful and I hope we will never see something like that in the movies.

Friendly Wise

Friendly Wise

That Alien in the first pic reminds of the "Rouge", from the graphic novel. It's not to bad, but I think they can a hell of a lot better.

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

Quote from: Godfather Anon{Tx} on Jul 02, 2009, 04:11:46 PM
That Alien in the first pic reminds of the "Rouge", from the graphic novel. It's not to bad, but I think they can a hell of a lot better.

Similar yea, i thought the rogue king was a hell of a lot more original.

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

Yeah the alien in the first could be better but it's a good concept.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

That giant alien, tank thng actually looks awesome, love the design of that thing, but as part of the ALIEN universe and the creature itself? Not so much.

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

Maybe as a genetic mutant created by the company.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed