Rebellion Coming Back?

Started by Spoonman101, Jul 14, 2014, 06:08:09 AM

Author
Rebellion Coming Back? (Read 53,164 times)

ging

ging

avp010 doesnt have in depth mod tools or if any for that matter so well ya know

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

ADS and having the motion tracker as a piece of equipment, not just something floating on your screen

CrowBAR

CrowBAR

AVP2. Redux.  Anything else would be a waste of time,

wolfster

wolfster

i remember being a sniper in avp two, could blow off heads and legs.  spear gun for preds could shoot off victims heads and heads stick to walls for skull collection, i liked the smart disc shoulder cannon and combat staff etc.  I remember alien pouncing and tail whip to stun your enemies, ajl mod for avp two had where you could blow off alien limbs and alien players could still attack you or crawl to you, i remember all the guilds/clan sites you could join too,  good memories, great times.

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jul 21, 2014, 11:25:18 PM
ADS and having the motion tracker as a piece of equipment, not just something floating on your screen

That was one of the things I loved about Colonial Marines. The Motion Tracker being a seperate thing, and ADS with the pulse rifle(But hope that it wont be god damn 3 burst -_-)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I didn't mind the upgrades personally.  Its more movie esque to be certain but that far in the future all those systems will probably be in your hud or on your weapon anyways. 

It would be a cheap way to up the tension knowing you need to swap between weapon and tracker but the motion tracker itself brings tension anyways. 

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Make Spiderman an online unlockable secret character.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

ACM did a good job with updating the mechanics and I enjoyed playing the MP for a while due to that. But what really sets Alien vs. Predator games apart was the different gameplay styles and the tone of the guy. They need to be able to continue with those aspects. They need to keep the different gameplay styles but to keep it updated.

Once you got used to it I found AvP2010 to be fluid and leaping from surface to surface was great. I'd like to see the modern style kept for the marines. I loved flicking the tracker up. And the upgrade system. AvP2010 had no real upgrade system and the skins just weren't enough IMHO.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

I sure as f**k hope not, for one.

Rebellion has a poor track record, has proven to have little learned from their 1999 version so we end up with games that look and sound the part but play wonky.

I'd rather see Raven try. Their own title Singularity is underrated but a true piece of love and work, their Jedi Knight was great when it comes to staying true to the source-franchise. But seeing Raven hasn't been working on big titles on their own as of late...

Monolith's try was superior in terms of storytelling and overall feel, though they made a sure miss when they opted for staying a bit too close to their art-style.

But AvP done better is always interesting IMO, just hope they do better than AvP'10.

PsyKore

PsyKore

In hindsight, I really liked AvP2010. The mechanics were actually well done, and the graphics at the time were stellar and ran beautifully. But the game as a whole always felt unfinished to me, especially single player which was way too linear and had little depth to it.

I wouldn't be opposed to Rebellion doing another one but they need to learn from AvP2010 - what worked and what didn't work.

chaosrelm

chaosrelm

ah yes avp2, i remember the glorious weyland vs marines vs aliens vs predators fatal 4 way great match combinations in mp

AJL

AJL

AvP2010 had many issues for sure, but many of them I believe could have been easily fixed by modders if only they had released SDK for the game.. But they didn't.. And why ?? Is Rebellion is to blame ?? Or Sega ?? Or... ??

I hope the next AvP game will be made by someone who hold modding in a "slightly" higher regard.. ::)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: AJL on Jul 22, 2014, 01:25:28 PMIs Rebellion is to blame ?? Or Sega ?? Or... ??

Its not Reb, its SEGA. They are the ones to blame.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Quote from: AJL on Jul 22, 2014, 01:25:28 PM
AvP2010 had many issues for sure, but many of them I believe could have been easily fixed by modders if only they had released SDK for the game.. But they didn't.. And why ?? Is Rebellion is to blame ?? Or Sega ?? Or... ??

I hope the next AvP game will be made by someone who hold modding in a "slightly" higher regard.. ::)
Wow AJL, I was a big fan of your mod back in the days of AVP2. That's amazing...

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Wishing for SDK's/mod-support in 2014 is ignoring the increasing dependency on DLC... Idealy, yes, SDK's/level editors are provided...

QuoteIn hindsight, I really liked AvP2010. The mechanics were actually well done, and the graphics at the time were stellar and ran beautifully.

Nope. It looked nice but lacked finishing, it played horrible (well, as a PC-shooter anyway, haven't played on console for a good reason) and it ran decent but not impressive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed