The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 380,733 times)

predalien27

predalien27

Well, I'm satisfied.  ;D
Pretty cool to see the runner, and how the modes are going to "look" on the screen.

affinity

affinity

I think the HUD shouldn't have those large white rectangles and those white squares surounding the ammo counters.  

The Marine HUD makes it look like it's still in Alpha.  Only the Alien and Predator HUDs look fine.  But they should change the white in the Marine HUD to transparent green or something.  And make the numbers like how they were in AVP1.

I'm surprised there is still no sign of the Smartgun.   Guess they don't want people to criticize whether
the muzzle flash is large enough and shaped like a 6 point star like in the movie.

AVP2 smartgun muzzle flash looked small and weak.
AVP1 smartgun fired more badass. 

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: affinity on Nov 26, 2009, 09:11:30 PM
I think the HUD shouldn't have those large white rectangles and those white squares surounding the ammo counters.  

The Marine HUD makes it look like it's still in Alpha.  Only the Alien and Predator HUDs look fine.  But they should change the white in the Marine HUD to transparent green or something.  And make the numbers like how they were in AVP1.

I'm surprised there is still no sign of the Smartgun.   Guess they don't want people to criticize whether
the muzzle flash is large enough and shaped like a 6 point star like in the movie.

They are probably not showing it cause its ending up like a massive aim bot machine like in AvP2.

affinity

affinity

well that's why it's called the Smartgun and that's how it worked in the movie.  There is technology that assists aiming and tracking targets.   but I like it from the way it fires and it has the ammo capacity and power of a 500 rounds minigun.

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 26, 2009, 10:08:42 PM
Quote from: affinity on Nov 26, 2009, 09:11:30 PM

They are probably not showing it cause its ending up like a massive aim bot machine like in AvP2.

It's a smart gun. Of course.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: affinity on Nov 26, 2009, 10:13:36 PM
well that's why it's called the Smartgun and that's how it worked in the movie.  There is technology that assists aiming and tracking targets. 

Yeah, but there's a variable not defined in the films which is how long it takes for the gun to lock on to a target.

In AvP1 the smartgun was excellent, because the reticule moved fairly slowly - a laterally-moving alien could easily outrun the targetting. This meant using it properly still required skill, and more importantly a skillful opponent could counter it.
AvP2 completely broke the bloody thing though by providing virtually instant auto-aiming, which is what Chris is referring to. There's no skill in its operation and it became barely any less of an exploit than a hacker's aimbot.

affinity

affinity

well AVP2 was monolith's job. 

I think Rebellion will stick with what worked.

panzytuio

panzytuio

I am most excited to play as the aliens  ;D

R103-delphinus3

R103-delphinus3

QuoteAvP2 completely broke the bloody thing though by providing virtually instant auto-aiming, which is what Chris is referring to. There's no skill in its operation and it became barely any less of an exploit than a hacker's aimbot.
add to this that the smartgun in rebellion,s avp looked and sounded really badass, and the avp2 sm didn,t, apart from having a ridiculous aimbot included of course.

Choirboy

Choirboy

Hi guys.

Been reading the forum for a while and finally decided to join.

Anyway, this interview just got up on Swedens biggest gaming site (it's in english, no worries)

http://www.gamereactor.se/nyheter/20282/GRTV%3A+Aliens+vs+Predator/

Not much new but it seems the playercap for MP is three teams of six.

Brother

Brother

Nice quote from AvP1.

Maps favoring species sounds nice.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: predalien27 on Nov 28, 2009, 01:01:57 AM
Quote from: Yutani on Nov 27, 2009, 09:35:38 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM
Interesting preview about some technical aspects:

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,700258/Aliens-vs-Predator-PC-supposed-to-kick-consolesx-ass-at-least-technolgy-wise/News/

Dedicated servers plus that = some love for PC users, not just a console port.
I think after hearing some people say that it is a console port, they had to prove that wrong.

Except they didn't. The techniques they're utilizing aren't native or exclusive, with exception of what benefits DX11 provides.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 28, 2009, 01:49:23 AM
Quote from: predalien27 on Nov 28, 2009, 01:01:57 AM
Quote from: Yutani on Nov 27, 2009, 09:35:38 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM
Interesting preview about some technical aspects:

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,700258/Aliens-vs-Predator-PC-supposed-to-kick-consolesx-ass-at-least-technolgy-wise/News/

Dedicated servers plus that = some love for PC users, not just a console port.
I think after hearing some people say that it is a console port, they had to prove that wrong.

Except they didn't. The techniques they're utilizing aren't native or exclusive, with exception of what benefits DX11 provides.

and dx10, thats if it is supported... wich then means theres a chance of ambient occlusion and parallax mapping if they use the new DX features that is.. one can only hope.

Xhan

Xhan

DX11 is an extremely strict superset of DX10. It's automatically supported.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 28, 2009, 01:57:26 AM
DX11 is an extremely strict superset of DX10. It's automatically supported.

ahh, i see. thats good to know. means no need for an upgrade anytime soon. atleast i hope not..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed