Quote from: Ron Swanston on May 17, 2012, 07:27:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/AogKz.jpg

I found it at Prometheusforum.net
Shaw and Vickers in the background and Shaw and Vickers in the foreground lol,
how many are there of them :p

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 17, 2012, 08:03:28 AM
Conjures up exactly the Forbidden Planet/Planet of the Vampires, quasi-Lovecraftian exploration pulp scifi with heady concepts vibe this film trades on.
I was about to say the exact same thing. Really wish this was traditionally drawn though, then the image would be complete.

[EDIT]
Nevermind, seems like another great mind has already spoken for that, too :):
Quote from: Vickers on May 17, 2012, 08:24:20 AM
I like the image, but I hate the Photoshop work.  To be honest, I think this same image would have looked better painted.  I like the old school painted posters that were beautiful works of art.

Exactly. All of this like-minded thinking makes me want to attempt a [non-traced] version of it...

[EDIT #2...]

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 17, 2012, 08:43:29 AM
It really does remind me of an old sci-fi pulp comic book cover or novel - you can easily transpose it, with a little less spaceship, onto something like a pulp adaptation of At The Mountains of Madness.  Intrepid explorers on vicious, alien terrain looking onwards towards unimaginable disaster.  I just dig the retro action snap, the kineticism and willingness to show action and terror.  In that sense, though it's a very modern poster in execution, it stirs up a feel of a bygone age - something of vitality and discovery long gone by Alien.

Congradulations, you're now without a doubt my favorite Prometheus section-exclusive member.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

This poster is official?

Ooze on First

Ooze on First

I truly despise posters that blatently misrepresent the films their based on.  >:(

YouAreMyLuckyStar

YouAreMyLuckyStar

Quote from: Ooze on First on May 17, 2012, 01:02:06 PM
I truly despise posters that blatently misrepresent the films their based on.  >:(

Agreed, makes it look more like a Michael Bay movie. I'd have liked something a bit more in-keeping with the previous Alien films.

LarsVader

LarsVader

You've been asking yourself how many Davids are gonna be on board?
Ha!
I ask you how many Vickers and Shaws are gonna be on board!
:P

VickersAsh

VickersAsh

woah that is stunning. i want it on my wall

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

So it is official then?

ikarop

ikarop

Better quality version:

DendaReloaded

DendaReloaded

so, they just took the prometheus ship from the landing sequence (as it crahes with the cockpit in the front)
and the old juggernaut collision (the new one looks different, they've made a new texture and redesigned the whole collision process.

the poster needs defiantely more bayplosion

Valaquen

Valaquen

I don't understand why they would give away the Prometheus crashing into the Juggernaut, in either the trailers or the poster. There had better be something up the movie's sleeve other than this, because if it's the finale ... way to give the game away.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Spaghetti on May 17, 2012, 07:39:06 AM
Unnecessarily complicated and obviously heavily photoshopped.

Not really diggin' it.

Yeah - very very heavily photoshopped.

NGR01

NGR01

Men lead the way ^^

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

While it is just an obvious photoshop, I do like the composition.

fiveways

fiveways

If I knew nothing about the movie that poster alone would get me into the theatre.  It is everything I like about sci-fi.  It has, as stated a feeling of older Pulp stuff, and also Heavy Metal and all the old warren horror publications of the '70's.  At the same time it looks like the movies I grew up watching VHS boxes[the only thing it is missing is little boxes at the bottom naming the actors with there heads in the boxes].  Just amazing.

At the same time it reminds me of some of the International posters for films like solaris and alien from the 70's.  Kinda wrong and out of place but f**king awesome at the same time.

It's just so f**king pulp it makes me super happy.  f**k modern posters.  That belongs on my wall next to my Battle Beyond the Stars and my Star Crash posters.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed