I found it at Prometheusforum.net

escroto

escroto

Nice one

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Unnecessarily complicated and obviously heavily photoshopped.

Not really diggin' it.

Rong

Rong

Quote from: JaaayDee on May 17, 2012, 07:36:54 AM
http://bayifier.com/created/517036268.jpg
That was quick haha,

I agree spaghetti but like jaydees post points out its all about demographics

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

LOL

In regards to the original picture, I actually quite like it, but think it would've been better without the humans in it.

OpenMaw

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Gorgeous.  Want it.

Conjures up exactly the Forbidden Planet/Planet of the Vampires, quasi-Lovecraftian exploration pulp scifi with heady concepts vibe this film trades on.  It's not Alien.  It's something bigger and more idealized and grandiose that goes horribly wrong.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

It's certainly a lot better than all these international posters so far, and better than the previous US posters bar the teaser one...

Vickers

Vickers

I like the image, but I hate the Photoshop work.  To be honest, I think this same image would have looked better painted.  I like the old school painted posters that were beautiful works of art.

Oh, and it seems that they don't care that everyone will be expecting the Prometheus to crash into the Juggernaut and that Janek will die.  They've been alluding to it in almost every trailer and now in this poster.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

They seem to be intent on giving away, what we would believe to be, a major plot point re. "ramming speed". Other than that, I think it's an ok poster which is obviously more kinetic than the others...

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

this very poster is moody, detailed and kinetic, really captures the scene and mood of the movie with the torrential rain to be strongly felt; that's why I like this Prometheus poster...

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

It really does remind me of an old sci-fi pulp comic book cover or novel - you can easily transpose it, with a little less spaceship, onto something like a pulp adaptation of At The Mountains of Madness.  Intrepid explorers on vicious, alien terrain looking onwards towards unimaginable disaster.  I just dig the retro action snap, the kineticism and willingness to show action and terror.  In that sense, though it's a very modern poster in execution, it stirs up a feel of a bygone age - something of vitality and discovery long gone by Alien.

I dig the Sorcerer comparison, Salt!  Though I do feel reasonably positive we'll have a better BO take.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 17, 2012, 08:43:29 AM
It really does remind me of an old sci-fi pulp comic book cover or novel - you can easily transpose it, with a little less spaceship, onto something like a pulp adaptation of At The Mountains of Madness.  Intrepid explorers on vicious, alien terrain looking onwards towards unimaginable disaster.  I just dig the retro action snap, the kineticism and willingness to show action and terror.  In that sense, though it's a very modern poster in execution, it stirs up a feel of a bygone age - something of vitality and discovery long gone by Alien.

I dig the Sorcerer comparison, Salt!  Though I do feel reasonably positive we'll have a better BO take.

For sure, and I bet all IMAX and other premiere screenings will generate as much money from pre-sales alone as Sorcerer did in total in 1977 :D

AsapJockey

AsapJockey

Well we know now there's only 3 people left alive , and there's two mutants on the ground while things blow up as well, I feel this major plot point is a misdirection for something we haven't seen....JOCKEY ALIENS!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed