Alien: Solara - New Audio Drama!

Started by Anarchist86ed, Jan 28, 2018, 07:12:41 PM

Author
Alien: Solara - New Audio Drama! (Read 89,759 times)

Anarchist86ed

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 12, 2018, 06:58:21 PM
One hint?

Honestly can't think of one that wouldn't give him away. But, if you read back, on my references post, you just might get a pretty good hint.

Corporal Hicks

Well I'm looking forward to seeing whoever it ends up being!

Anarchist86ed

Alien: Solara. Part 3 synopsis.

As the crew of Solara investigate the engineer ship, Captain Anderson sees only dollar signs and draining the pockets of the rapidly declining Weyland-Yutani. But little does the entire crew know that they've stumbled onto an ancient experiment that may not be what the company, the colonial marines, or others seeking the Xenomorph creatures expect. Events have been set in motion that will see a civil war among aliens, corporate rivals, and the emergence of a new government and it's military force that also seeks to harness the untapped potential of these creatures.

Whoever wins... no one's getting paid.

Anarchist86ed

All files uploaded.  8)

Stand by.

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic! Really looking forward to it!

Anarchist86ed

Anarchist86ed

Youtube:

MP3:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpaddb28f0whq1o/AlienSolaraPart3.mp3?dl=0

For your convenience:

Alien: Solara Part One:

On youtube:

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/42km04u9kx5y6ao/AlienSolaraPart1.mp3?dl=0

Dead Rock:

Two prospectors on the planet Plutus make a discovery that set the entire story of Alien: Solara into motion.

On youtube:

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n02k1h9garayuzf/DeadRockAnAlienSolaraShort.mp3?dl=0

Alien: Solara Part Two:

On youtube:

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5fz102ikw53k3r/AlienSolaraPart2.mp3?dl=0

So, as always we have the cool references and trivia.

The button sound effects are from Prometheus, as is the door sound effect. I just added a steam sound to finish off the sound effect.

A religious war? How would Deckard know? Because there was an unrecorded engineer line about heretics. He didn't record it, so I decided to move on without it. It was too late in editing to realistically fix it anyway.

As written:

Chiefs assistant: These holograms suck, I can't make out what they look like.

Monk: Secure the orerry. The heretics were traveling to their hidden laboratory to collect the prototypes. We must assure their destruction and all the knowledge of them. We must be prepared to lose our lives. The future of our children is once again in our hands.

The holographic recording ends.

John: I believe we can guess the rest of the story.

Mr. Deckard: Heretics and traitors. Maybe we witnessed a battle in some sort of religious war.

Now, you may not like how I depict the engineers and that's fine. But we needed to hear them since we can't see them. Also we go back to not being canon, so I took some liberties with the engineers.

The engineers refer to Eden, which is apparently what they called Earth.

Contact with the seeder ship was lost... because it crashed on LV-426 and transmitted a warning.

The blaster sound effects are from Star Trek.

The hologram sound effect is from Star Wars.

The grit gate is a reference to river of pain.

Jammed by Raspberry. SpaceBalls, anyone?

Mcguiness orders Bravo team to head 'em out. The marines from aliens are 2nd Battalion Bravo Team.

Colonel Doctor Paul Church makes his first appearance outside of a comic book, but my Church is not directly taken from the comics. He's only obsessed with the Xenomorphs, he's never had any actual experience with them. He'll do anything to acquire them.

Sgt Mcguiness is taken from Lt. McGuinness.

The drop ship is the same sound from aliens, there was nothing useful in the Aliens: Colonial Marines sound files.

Ramirez has half a bottle of Liquremen's ol dirty Canadian whiskey is a reference to the trailer park boys.

The welder sound is the one used in ACM and thus Aliens.

I goofed and used smart gun pulse sounds, not rifle sounds. I just decided not to change it.

The Sergeant says no fire, why do they fire warning shots? Because I was impatient and wanted to use pulse rifle sounds.

Why does the Sgt have a British accent if he's a colonial marine? I never said they were united states colonial marines.

Why is Church kind of a dick? Because he is and has very little respect for the marines or anyone else.

Were there other takes of Church's voice? Yes, and it was hysterically stereotypical of a mad scientist.

Parasitoid? That's what a facehugger is called, but that's not what we're dealing with.

Deckard works for the company, why doesn't he know more about the engineers? He knows. He knows.

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic! Looking forward to listening on the way to work!

TERMINATOR-SSD

i need more Alien Audio Dramas in my life. I've listened to the last 3 Alien audio dramas and loved them. Didn't even know fan's were making these as well. Time for a sit down and listen,

I really want to see 'hear' more audio dramas made in the Alien, Predator and AvP archives. 

Anarchist86ed

XenoHunter99

Things fall apart, yes. I like the alternate Dr Church voice. Well done  :)

Anarchist86ed

Coming soon:

John. An Alien: Solara short. Learn the origins of John as he comes to the realization that he is more than an android.

Mr. Deckard. An Alien: Solara short. Mr. Deckard is a complicated man, and so is his story.

Cast interviews from Captain Anderson, Stephanie Carlson and the rest of the cast as they discuss their personal history with the alien films.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Anarchist86ed on Jul 26, 2018, 12:41:37 AM
Coming soon:

John. An Alien: Solara short. Learn the origins of John as he comes to the realization that he is more than an android.

Mr. Deckard. An Alien: Solara short. Mr. Deckard is a complicated man, and so is his story.

Cast interviews from Captain Anderson, Stephanie Carlson and the rest of the cast as they discuss their personal history with the alien films.
Sounds good. Looking forward to it!

Anarchist86ed

Part 4 in September.

Corporal Hicks

I relistened to Part 3 on the way to work this morning. As usual, I enjoyed it. The sound design remains solid - thought the shuttle explosion was a little underwhelming and the captain's "noooo!" could have done with another go around but otherwise it continues to keep me in the universe and impress.

I know you've said before you're not too into the Engineer war thing but I'm glad to see it still being embraced and the possibility of going back to the explore the ship is still there.

I wasn't expecting
Spoiler
the colony to still be there and functioning
[close]
and I found that pleasantly surprisingly! Put a nice little spin on it.

Fortunately for me only one piece of re-used dialogue but I think we know each other's thoughts on that by now!  :P

And Dr Church. Also wasn't the character I was expecting. Since you're not going for the same Church from the comics I'm interested to see how you progress with him.

All in all, I'm still very much enjoying the dramas and I'm eager to listen to more.

Anarchist86ed

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2018, 07:26:09 AM
I relistened to Part 3 on the way to work this morning. As usual, I enjoyed it. The sound design remains solid - thought the shuttle explosion was a little underwhelming and the captain's "noooo!" could have done with another go around but otherwise it continues to keep me in the universe and impress.

I know you've said before you're not too into the Engineer war thing but I'm glad to see it still being embraced and the possibility of going back to the explore the ship is still there.

I wasn't expecting
Spoiler
the colony to still be there and functioning
[close]
and I found that pleasantly surprisingly! Put a nice little spin on it.

Fortunately for me only one piece of re-used dialogue but I think we know each other's thoughts on that by now!  :P

And Dr Church. Also wasn't the character I was expecting. Since you're not going for the same Church from the comics I'm interested to see how you progress with him.

All in all, I'm still very much enjoying the dramas and I'm eager to listen to more.

I didn't like her noooo either, but you have to remember they don't record in studios with million dollar equipment. She couldn't scream like you'd expect and it would have blown the audio to hell if she did.

I couldn't find a better explosion for the shuttle, I had to go with what I had.

Yes, we go back to the ship. In fact we learn what John was doing for an hour. The ship is very important going forward.

Yep, no slaughter fest. My aliens are different, half of them anyway.

Church continues to be a dick in 4.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed