Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2019, 12:59:28 PM

Author
Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler (Read 92,605 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I hope it's good, but I think I'll be reading it digitally.

Corporal Hicks

Heathen!

Should be getting my review copy early next week. So looking forward to this.

The Old One

The Old One

With that cover? I'm a true believer.

felix

felix

Anyone heard about any new Predator/Alien book projects coming up later this year?

Corporal Hicks

We've got 2 video game prequels, one for Alien and one for Predator. I think that's all that's been announced so far. With Phalanx coming out soon, I imagine we'll be seeing a new title in there if there is one coming.

The Cruentus

23 days to go.

I might try reading Crusade again, even if it is unfinished. I kind want to go back and see what a medieval society handles Aliens. I only read Crusade once so my memory is spotty on the events but I recall a deranged priest who sacrificed people to the Aliens.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Despite having the full run of Aliens mag I've never actually read Crusade :laugh:

The Cruentus

Well since it was unfinished, you probably saved yourself some disappointment.  :laugh:

You should take a look at it though, see what you think of it.

Corporal Hicks

Got my copy on Thursday night, spent a good chunk of Friday reading. Am about 330 pages in and I'm really enjoying it! I'm not sure it's going to be for everyone though, because it is very heavy on the fantasy/medieval/shields and swords side (duh) so depends on your taste. I'm really like the fresh approach.

The Cruentus

To be fair, anyone buying the book should already be aware of its settings. so they should know what they are getting into.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Without spoilering, is this some kind of Alien 3 Ward scenario where they have renounced all technology? Is Weyland-Yutani even in this? Just interested as Sigler says it is intented to be canonical.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Feb 08, 2020, 12:30:30 PM
Without spoilering, is this some kind of Alien 3 Ward scenario where they have renounced all technology? Is Weyland-Yutani even in this? Just interested as Sigler says it is intented to be canonical.

Spoiler
Nothing specified so far.
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 03, 2020, 10:44:10 AM
Despite having the full run of Aliens mag I've never actually read Crusade :laugh:

Im still missing issue #22, never seems to pop up anywhere. I dont have any of the Vol.1 issues either

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 08, 2020, 04:37:27 PMIm still missing issue #22, never seems to pop up anywhere. I dont have any of the Vol.1 issues either.

To be honest, Volume 1's mostly unnecessary except the final issue (#17) done by Dark Horse. The Trident issues are just pure comic reprints with no worthwhile extra goodies. I only have them because the one copy of #17 I could find for sale was in a bundle of the complete of Volume 1 :laugh:

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 08, 2020, 09:47:42 AMI'm not sure it's going to be for everyone though, because it is very heavy on the fantasy/medieval/shields and swords side (duh) so depends on your taste.

Yeah, I'm wondering how I'll feel about that because it's not really my thing, but it's not like I was gonna miss out on the new book :P

Perfect-Organism

That is one horrible-ass cover!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed