Alpha Predator is in the game, possible next DLC

Started by PAS Spinelli, May 26, 2020, 11:47:19 PM

Author
Alpha Predator is in the game, possible next DLC (Read 17,943 times)

Corporal Hicks

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Rabbit2100 on Jun 12, 2020, 12:47:33 AM
I've had a pre-order on bbts for months. Hopefully they ship soon, this figure looks amazing!

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 12, 2020, 01:45:30 AM
Unless Amazon screws me over mine should be here between July 17th and August 3rd. I was buying regardless.

I opted for Eaglemoss, Hot Toys and Loyal Subjects over Neca. And Xbox too.

Now I have a PS4 Pro and a Neca on pre-order!

They're laughing at me, I just know it!

Kailem

Well, Hot Toys are pretty hot. I wish I'd gotten some of their Predators figures before the after market prices became insane.

And yeah I was always going to buy the Alpha Predator figure, though it's a tad unfortunate that it only seems like the code will be included in the initial NA release and nowhere else. But at least if it's just an early unlock essentially then everyone else can still pick it up later when it's released properly.

Plus now I've got the new Elder and later Samurai Predators to play with in the meantime, so that's not so bad!

Mala'kak

Do you think they will add the Upgrade Predator?

Kradan

Doubtfully

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Mala'kak on Jun 12, 2020, 06:18:11 PM
If they are smart, they won't

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 12, 2020, 03:41:47 PM
Well, Hot Toys are pretty hot. I wish I'd gotten some of their Predators figures before the after market prices became insane.

I only have the Elder and City Hunter. That and this non-Hot Toys Mike Harrigan is all I ever wanted.

Maybe one day I actually display them.  :P

Quote from: Mala'kak on Jun 12, 2020, 06:18:11 PM

Call me crazy, but if the Upgrade was added in a new game-mode, say two Predators versus the Upgrade, I wouldn't actually mind that!

SuperiorIronman

The issue I see with the Upgrade (Assassin) is that outside of hit-boxes having to change they would need to alter animations or would need to be redone for him. He's just really big. He'd also need to have weapons altered since his gun is mounted on his arm so they can't reuse the firing animations. He's also too big to fit into most spaces players would be. Basically meaning Predator can't reach the fireteam and they can just wait him out which is already a problem with Backwater under one of the docks. Assassin also has the ability to make him mostly bullet proof. So aside from balancing that they'd either do it or leave his most notable feature on the cutting room floor as no current system would enable this unless it's on or off the whole match unless it's added as a gadget for him but it'd be development time on a feature only he can use or they'd add it for all Predators and we keep getting new models so it'd have to account for them to even if it's just a texture swap.

If anything is represented from The Predator I'm expecting Fugitive.

Mr.Turok

I do see that many people want a variation Predator vs bad blood Predator option. Perhaps the Super Predator Clan is a suitable choice, seeing as they aren't that big and complex like Upgrade, but bigger, really tough, and technologically advanced that give regular Preds a run for their money. Plus, the devs can give them the much needed lore expansion that was missing in Predators.

Voodoo Magic

The Devs have been fixing the lore big time, and I love them for it!

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 15, 2020, 04:04:02 PM
And the Pred's faces too, don't forget that!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jun 15, 2020, 04:55:39 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 15, 2020, 04:04:02 PM
And the Pred's faces too, don't forget that!

Blood Warrior

Ran into the Alpha Predator last night.  He destroyed is pretty quickly.  He does look really cool.

Voodoo Magic

Interesting that people still have the Alpha. I was under the impression that it was in error and Illfonic pulled them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed