20th Century Fox & Tongal Announce Alien Short Film Contest!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 27, 2018, 05:55:56 PM

Author
20th Century Fox & Tongal Announce Alien Short Film Contest! (Read 77,350 times)

The Old One

The Old One

As is the majority. lol

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

I missed that, can we still get at it?

Corporal Hicks

The answers are all still up on the Alien Anthology Twitter. They were retweeting stuff.

SpearSisters

Congrats to all the filmmakers! It is an honour to have ORE film screen alongside CONTAINMENT, SPECIMEN, NIGHT SHIFT, ALONE, and HARVEST :)

Perfect-Organism

Congrats to everyone who participated.  This has been most excellent, and a terrific effort on everyone's part.  Below is my rating from best at the top.

1. Alien: Alone
2. Alien: Specimen
3. Alien: Ore
4. Alien: Harvest
5. Alien: Night Shift
6. Alien: Containment

So, who knew?  I like androids!  The spin on the facehugger as a pet for an android was brilliant for me, so Alien: Alone is number 1 for me.  I thought the android dog in Alien: Specimen was also brilliant, and the main character had a brilliant edginess, but the film didn't push special effects like Alien: Alone, so number 2.  It was a toss-up for me between Alien: Ore and Alien: Harvest, but I felt that Alien: Harvest reminded me a bit of a certain scene in AVP:R, so I put Alien: Ore at number 3.  Alien: Harvest had some of the best effects in the series though and to be honest, if the weather changes outside, I could be inclined to put it up to number 3, but I will leave it at number 4 today.  Alien: Night shift felt a bit disjointed to me with some character motivation issues in question, and Alien: Containment was a good effort  :-).

Thanks to everyone involved!  This was very cool to see.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SpearSisters on Apr 27, 2019, 10:40:59 PM
Congrats to all the filmmakers! It is an honour to have ORE film screen alongside CONTAINMENT, SPECIMEN, NIGHT SHIFT, ALONE, and HARVEST :)

Nice to see you here. Ore was great fun.

Huggs

As a musician, I think the greatest compliment one can give an artist is that their work brought joy to someone.

So let me just say, I had a great time watching Ore. It was so much fun.  :)

And congratulations on creating a truly enjoyable new piece of this beloved franchise.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SpearSisters on Apr 27, 2019, 10:40:59 PMCongrats to all the filmmakers! It is an honour to have ORE film screen alongside CONTAINMENT, SPECIMEN, NIGHT SHIFT, ALONE, and HARVEST :)

Nice to hear from you both on here!

Thanks to you and everyone else involved in making these shorts. I wasn't too sure about the project when it was first announced, but I'm pleased to say I was pleasantly surprised by the end result. Some of the shorts were definitely better than others, but even the ones I didn't particularly love managed to impress me in some way.

Think I'll need to watch the last two again before I could rank them all, but I will say Specimen and Ore were especially impressive.

Now if you know someone you could prod about getting these on a home video release... ;)

Still Collating...

I'd love for Fox/Disney to try this again someday. This really exceeded my expectations.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Great to see you two here, and excellent job on the short! Ore was definitely among the highlights of this project!

SpearSisters

SpearSisters

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 28, 2019, 01:42:27 AM

As a musician, I think the greatest compliment one can give an artist is that their work brought joy to someone.

So let me just say, I had a great time watching Ore. It was so much fun.  :)

And congratulations on creating a truly enjoyable new piece of this beloved franchise.

Thanks so much! As long as people had a good time watching it, we're happy!  :)

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 28, 2019, 01:35:53 PM

Great to see you two here, and excellent job on the short! Ore was definitely among the highlights of this project!

Thanks so much! Happy you enjoyed it  :)

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 28, 2019, 01:40:36 AM

Nice to see you here. Ore was great fun.

Thanks!!  :)

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 28, 2019, 10:54:26 AM
Quote from: SpearSisters on Apr 27, 2019, 10:40:59 PMCongrats to all the filmmakers! It is an honour to have ORE film screen alongside CONTAINMENT, SPECIMEN, NIGHT SHIFT, ALONE, and HARVEST :)

Nice to hear from you both on here!

Thanks to you and everyone else involved in making these shorts. I wasn't too sure about the project when it was first announced, but I'm pleased to say I was pleasantly surprised by the end result. Some of the shorts were definitely better than others, but even the ones I didn't particularly love managed to impress me in some way.

Think I'll need to watch the last two again before I could rank them all, but I will say Specimen and Ore were especially impressive.

Now if you know someone you could prod about getting these on a home video release... ;)

Thrilled you liked it! The films won't be available on physical DVD or Bluray, but they are part of the digital download of special features on the 40th Anniversary Bluray :)

Nightmare Asylum

Definitely watch Ore (and the other shorts) via the digital release if you can; not having to deal with YouTube's compression is very nice.

Physical release of the shorts would be pretty cool, though.

Perfect-Organism

Are these really not included with the new 40 year anniversary Alien release?? :o

D88M

If i was expecting something out of the shorts, i would be dissapointed, but i am just bored. Lots of potential, but the shorts were just rehash of stuff we already saw, and i know the budget was pretty low but the scripts have to be worked first.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed