The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Feb 11, 2013, 02:17:39 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 141,557 times)

VonPelz

VonPelz

Quote from: Dusk on Feb 13, 2013, 04:46:17 AM
Wow, you can even melee kill them? That's just... sad.
There's actually a challenge in the game for that. Kill 5 xenos with melee in a mission and gain bonus xp!

Dusk

Dusk

Oh good lord... Melee in these game should do nothing more than buy you split seconds of time. AvP's Aliens would be truly terrifying, if you wouldn't have the ability to block and counter them. The whole point of the games should be not to let them get close to you in the first place. But now you can outright kill them with melee hits? The game gets worse with each passing day.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: VonPelz on Feb 13, 2013, 05:29:46 AM
Quote from: Dusk on Feb 13, 2013, 04:46:17 AM
Wow, you can even melee kill them? That's just... sad.
There's actually a challenge in the game for that. Kill 5 xenos with melee in a mission and gain bonus xp!

Lulz this f**king game.

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

Something comes to mind when hearing the phrase: 'AVP is so much better'. I seem to recall that a lot of fans of both franchises completely hating 'AVP 2010' and somehow now it's a great game. How very odd...

Dusk

Dusk

My 3 biggest gripes with AvP were the lackluster campaigns, not being able to crouch, and the lack of Predator weapons. Otherwise it was pretty solid and MP was really fun. If only Rebellion would have created an exciting campaign for all 3 races, like Monolith did with AvP2, I believe the game would have gotten a solid 8/10.

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

Well, I didn't mean to sound so pissy. I just find it strange when that happens. I've noticed it with other things too, such as when 'Prometheus' came out, then people seem to be more fair to the 'AVP' films. It's strange when we have problems about something until something else comes along to piss us off even more lol. It's just a funny observation is all. I agree with you about 'AVP 2010' I liked it too but no one else I knew would touch it.

Dusk

Dusk

Wow, seriously? People give the AvP Movies less shit after Prometheus came out? I admit, they are guilty pleasures, but I wouldn't say they are suddenly not so bad after all.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

This guy is a genius...never played the game. Even the screenshots are promotional material :D

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Feb 13, 2013, 08:22:37 AM
Bought review or he never played the game...or both. Even the screenshots are promotional material :D
And - from memory - it seems that there are also adverts of the game in the magazine.

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

There's ads in the Game Informer too, but you don't see them giving the game a good review. Also the 'AVP' answer yes I actually have heard people change their opinions about 'AVP' because now that 'Prometheus' came out, they like to just consider the 'AVP' films 'Alternate Universe' where before when the films first came out, people complained about the continuity. Why not consider them 'Alternate Universe' at the start is all I'm asking.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

How dumb can you be to release such a review. Of course a review is more or less a personal opinion...yes, you can rate it 9/10 if you like the game. BUT the whole text is generic AND the screenshots are promotional material...i mean...that's journalistic suicide.

Of course there will be conspiracy theorists that think that he is the only one telling the truth but just look into the comment section...the feedback is not very...positive.

Apex

Apex

Am I the only one who is enjoying it? I mean, sure, it's not perfect.

I got used to the graphics, I'm good with them.

Controls are clunky, but I made a custom layout.

A lot of games need patches. I don't care.

AI can be annoying, but I'm still dying over and over.

The character customization is awesome. For the marines, I love it. Sure, the Xenos look ridiculous, but the ability customization is way more than I expected!

I'm playing a Colonial Marine, killing Xenos. I'm happy.

I just wish everyone would stop bitching.

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

amen brother amen

Prime113

Prime113

Now all we need is a deck of cards.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed