[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (20.1%)
I do not like the new face design
73 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
46 (30.9%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 129,715 times)

Kailem

Yeah it's sounding more like Feral will be the "Australian" of Predators. :P

Yautja888

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 25, 2022, 04:38:10 PM
Quote from: Yautja888 on Jun 25, 2022, 03:05:06 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 20, 2022, 06:02:43 PMI think Trachtenberg's view of things is really interesting. Seeing this predator as coming from a different part of the predator world, just like humans come from different areas/countries, is kinda new and really cool IMO. No superior bullshit this time.

It was just a weak excuse to explain the new design, if you compare Jungle hunter and City hunter, they fit to that same explanation,yet both have a perfect design.Their pathetic excuses won't work.Now It's damage control time,as usual, when they can't hide it anymore.

I dare say that to me, City Hunter and Jungle Hunter come from the same "country" but maybe from a different part of it (north vs south or some like that), with them having minor physical differences.

As opposed to Feral who possibly come from a whole different "country" and thus being maybe more different. At least that's how I like to view things for now.

How about just doing a great predator without the need to tell us from where he is ?
No, they rather tell you , look he looks like crap, but that's because he's from New Jersey.  :laugh:  It's pointless.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Yautja888 on Jun 25, 2022, 04:52:07 PMHow about just doing a great predator without the need to tell us from where he is ?

Or how about waiting for the movie to judge the final design that we didn't fully see maybe ?

bobcunk

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 20, 2022, 06:02:43 PMI think Trachtenberg's view of things is really interesting. Seeing this predator as coming from a different part of the predator world, just like humans come from different areas/countries, is kinda new and really cool IMO. No superior bullshit this time.

It was just a weak excuse to explain the new design, if you compare Jungle hunter and City hunter, they fit to that same explanation,yet both have a perfect design.Their pathetic excuses won't work.Now It's damage control time,as usual, when they can't hide it anymore.

I dare say that to me, City Hunter and Jungle Hunter come from the same "country" but maybe from a different part of it (north vs south or some like that), with them having minor physical differences.

As opposed to Feral who possibly come from a whole different "country" and thus being maybe more different. At least that's how I like to view things for now.
Maybe its just like Black, white and asians but with predators. If the wolf analogy with the super predators is true then they are also the same species.

Yautja888

Quote from: bobcunk on Jun 25, 2022, 07:55:39 PM

Maybe its just like Black, white and asians but with predators. If the wolf analogy with the super predators is true then they are also the same species.

I got that but it still works with Jungle and City hunter. Different skin color, different skulls, different faces,no need for crabators.

SCOUTPREDATOR

SCOUTPREDATOR

If the Predators all looked the same, or simular, then there would be no need for any sort of face reveal. Yeah we got to see multiple Preds at the end of Predator 2 ranging in different colors and faces but they were all roughly the same set up. Going into the comics and expanded lore things get more interesting with a whole slew of different types of Predators. When it comes to a live action movie I want something different now, we've essentially seen the same face too many times now. I personally am hoping to see something crazy like the Ultimate Scout Predator for example. Give us something familiar but also very different.

Doomofman

Had a dream involving the Feral predator the other night (I spend too much time on here I guess). 

In my dream I finally saw it's face and it was very zombie like. Grey/pale skin very tight on the bone, teeth/mandibles more prominent as a result and almost greyed over eyes though they were barely visible behind his thick brow/forehead.

In my dream as well, the bone mask actually lifted/moved out of the way on it's own (kinda like Ironman's facemask).

I imagine both of these things are way off what we'll get but figured I'd share anyway  :)

SuperiorIronman

Actually had one myself where Naru was hiding within some brush and a downed tree and has to wait it out while the Predator kills someone and cleans a skull. Like on the downed tree the body is flopped onto where Naru is hiding under and the sword jabs through the guy's neck.., and through the tree narrowly missing her.

Which TBH I don't think the movies have done. We've seen them take skulls and clean them, but we've never had somebody watching that I don't think. Like actually being that close to the Predator and having that sort of role reversal. Getting the drop on them but not actually being able to do anything given the sheer size and power of the thing. I wonder if that's what they're going for with Naru being behind the tree in that one screenshot. She goes out hunting it and she finds out quickly how much of a bad idea that was.

BigDaddyJohn

That would be a great scene actually. Naru watching one of her tribe's member becoming a trophy, with the gruesome process that comes with it. It could be emotionally very strong if done right.

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: Yautja888 on Jun 26, 2022, 06:55:31 PM
Quote from: bobcunk on Jun 25, 2022, 07:55:39 PM

I got that but it still works with Jungle and City hunter. Different skin color, different skulls, different faces,no need for crabators.

shaq and ed sheeran are the same species. not everyone comes in the same size, color, or shape. dan's explanation checks out. he even said he wants to get away from that 1987 WWF wrestler feel of the predator. so he found himself a different one a la different designs.

no design will be "perfect." what does perfect even mean? who's a perfect human?

so far Feral looks pretty cool. as dan said he's dynamic and lean but also hulking to some degree.

i'm excited to see how this all plays out.

BigDaddyJohn

And to say that we only have to wait one month to see it is pretty great.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

oh wow way to tell everyone you don't know the bigger context because you are a part of it

brilliant

SiL

Jungle Hunter and City Hunter clearly aren't from vastly different places going by the end of P2.

Why do all the "woke" spouting "fans" never seem to have watched the movies they're apparently so precious about?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Jul 04, 2022, 08:38:39 PMJungle Hunter and City Hunter clearly aren't from vastly different places going by the end of P2.
oh but SiL, why would you think that?

Is it that Greyback was literally based on a cast of Jungle Hunter?

Or that the Jungle Hunter mask APPEARS in the film, worn by another Predator?

Nah, can't be. We are both wrong, the director is clearly aware that he's done WRONG and has INSULTED the fans, yaddayaddayadda

Quote from: SiL on Jul 04, 2022, 08:38:39 PMWhy do all the "woke" spouting "fans" never seem to have watched the movies they're apparently so precious about?
I mean we live in a world where people expected a homelander redemption arc lmao

TheBATMAN

I hope the Predator's vocal mimicry is used in this. It is such a vastly underused feature.

On of the franchise's creepiest moments is when City Hunter asks Jerry if he wants some candy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed