Something is brewing on Instagram...

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 20, 2018, 06:48:28 PM

Author
Something is brewing on Instagram... (Read 65,864 times)

Local Trouble

Or was she?

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Blomkamp's Aliens 2:
Amanda's death was faked by the company for some reason and Sigourney plays Amanda at age 70.

whiterabbit

Quote from: SM on Jan 07, 2019, 02:47:52 AM
Yeah.  Amanda was dead before Alien3 happened.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 07, 2019, 03:08:46 AM
Or was she?

Quote from: David's Creation on Jan 07, 2019, 03:14:23 AM
Blomkamp's Aliens 2:
Amanda's Death was faked by the company for some reason and Sigourney plays Amanda at age 70.

These guys both know what's up. After what happened with The Predator we should all be very afraid.

Perfect-Organism

There was a valid reason to falisify Amanda's death.  It would stand to reason that WY might want to keep Ripley's return a secret, so that they can keep her focused on debriefing them on the Alien.  Also they may want to avoid Ripley going to the media and exposing what WY did.  By keeping all hope and motivation to reach out to anyone including her daughter suppressed, WY can keep a lid on things.

Who knows what WY did to Amanda?  Maybe she's frozen in a capsule herself?

Local Trouble

Fox's Alien: A Series of Unnecessary Contrivances.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 07, 2019, 03:31:01 AM
There was a valid reason to falisify Amanda's death.  It would stand to reason that WY might want to keep Ripley's return a secret, so that they can keep her focused on debriefing them on the Alien.  Also they may want to avoid Ripley going to the media and exposing what WY did.  By keeping all hope and motivation to reach out to anyone including her daughter suppressed, WY can keep a lid on things.

I suppose.  It's better than "Hicks is alive because he woke up and knocked another marine of similar build and clothing into his cryotube."

Eldritch_DM

I was thinking that but you beat me to it.

Local Trouble

The myriad possibilities are absurd endless!

Huggs

Huggs

So they cooked up a story and dropped Ripley and the rest of them in a meat grinder?

SM

SM

Where's the Tylenol?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jan 07, 2019, 05:09:04 AM
Where's the Tylenol?

There's no sign. It never left here.

...just doesn't make sense.

Anyway, I don't see her having a chance against the company. She was halfway to ruined when they were done with her.  She already had her story about special order 937 and the creature. What does Amanda have to do with her keeping silent?

I imagine they called her nuts, and had her being watched. The first sign of trouble and she'd suddenly have an accident. But it wouldn't matter, adrift for 57 years and she comes out raving about aliens and cover-ups? Who in their right mind would believe her anyway? The company had little to nothing to fear from Ellen Ripley at that point.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jan 07, 2019, 05:09:04 AM
Where's the Tylenol?

Do you ever feel cursed by your knowledge of the future?

SM

SM

Cursed that I can read English...

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed