AvPGalaxy Interviews Carlos Huante

Started by ikarop, Nov 11, 2012, 04:02:43 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Interviews Carlos Huante (Read 12,369 times)

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: ikarop on Nov 11, 2012, 08:47:47 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 11, 2012, 08:29:37 PM
Quote from: LarsVader on Nov 11, 2012, 06:31:38 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 11, 2012, 06:09:29 PM
Basically the studio started freaking out for no reason in particular other than Huantes hadn't designed for films before and strongly suggested/insisted that the safer more boring artist and writer be hired just because they have been hired in the past and associated with profitable work.
Huante has designed for many films before!

On IMDB it just seemed like cartoons.

Anyway, he doesn't have the profitable track record of Page. That was my real point. Just suits thinking that this guy will make more money ultimately because he worked on Star Trek.

http://www.imdb.es/name/nm0399082/

He has designed for a lot of animated series but also plenty of films. Including Men in Black 1 & 2,Van Helsing, War of the Worlds, Hellraiser 4, Blade Trinity, X-men, Hellboy and even AvP. All very profitable franchises.

I think Page and Huante have a very different approach to creature design. Page's work doesn't seem as obscure as Huante's. Huante's work seems closer to Giger's style IMO.

Ok fair enough. I'm going to stand by my behind the scenes meddling suits conspiracy theory though. ;)

ChrisPachi

Brilliant interview ThisBethesdaSea, really enlightening - Cheers.

whiterabbit

So the creatures really got butchered...  :'(

wmmvrrvrrmm

thanks for the interview Jaime, it's a good one to read

Xenomorphine

Dislike those lanky legs of the 'Bishop' (wonder if that was an in-joke reference), but the head is a lot better than what we got.

Amusing to read how, in a weird way, Skeletor and chipmunks united to result in emulations of the work of Giger. Heh... :)

Terx2

Terx2

Good interview. It's amazing seeing all the art behind this film. Hope Ridley consideres him for when Paradise (If that is its final title) begins production.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed