Alien Anthology - Is It Worth It?

Started by WheresMahGum, Dec 10, 2010, 06:34:48 PM

Author
Alien Anthology - Is It Worth It? (Read 14,570 times)

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: SM on Apr 06, 2011, 11:41:17 PM
The amount of things you notice in Alien is astounding.  Watched about 30 minutes of Alien3 last night too (SE)  VERY crisp - even the old reinserted stuff.  New sound mix has come up quite well too.

Though they inexplicably left the Spike references in during Murhpy's death scene, which were removed from the previous R4 cut of the flick.  And the superhugger is actually visible now.
I'm sorry but exactly what do you mean by Spike references?

predxeno

predxeno

Murphy asks Spike's name as if he thinks his dog is where the runner is which doesn't make sense in the special edition cause Spike wasn't in that version.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Oh ok, I didnt understand what edition they were talking about.
Thats odd.

SM

SM

Tis.

Especially since the R4 SE DVD had removed the Spike reference.
But then the broadcast version of Aliens SE corrected the goof with Ripley picking different weapons off the wall and putting down the wrong one in the next shot on the dropship.  Then the DVD version had the goof back in.
And just the other day watching Alien on TV, the jump cut from fake Ash head to real Ash head was fixed with a quick cutaway to Ripley.

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Apr 10, 2011, 10:02:39 PM
Sadly ghost you can only choose one discount so I'd go for the promo code and choose ground shipping.
It'll come out as roughly $108 because of tax.

Damn. :(

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Right now, this is back down to £24 at Amazon for anyone who's interested. And that's probably the lowest it'll go for a while.

Although I'm still holding out for the fancy pants artwork releases.  8)

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 11, 2011, 02:56:25 PM
Right now, this is back down to £24 at Amazon for anyone who's interested. And that's probably the lowest it'll go for a while.

Although I'm still holding out for the fancy pants artwork releases.  8)

£24? That's a complete f**king steal right there.

Keyes

Keyes

Yeah right! Damn for not waiting a bit longer  :(

Gieferg

Gieferg

Spike error in A3 was fixed for PAL versions (R2 & R4) but wasn't in NTSC version (R1). It's odd it wasn't fixed for BD edition...

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I was wrong. It's gone down to £20.

For now, anyway.

SM

SM

Watched Aliens last night.  They finally re-corrected the continuity goof when Ripley's arming herself.  Picture is on a par with Alien3 and Resurrection.  Not a patch on the Alien transfer, but considering the source material, still rather nice.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Passed the afternoon looking -again- at the various extras, and noticed that in the Alien Production stills gallery, folder 'Parker and Lambert's death', they put a picture of the Alien Runner rod puppet. :o

Sgt. Apone

Man, I wish I had a blue ray player. :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed