Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 164,950 times)

The Old One

Awesome, thank you.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Jan 09, 2020, 10:05:31 AM
Quote from: Kailem on Jan 09, 2020, 08:12:50 AM
Given how deep it sounds like the lore rabbit hole goes with this, are there any mentions of places like Vega 4/New Shanghai, San Drad, Ryushi, Bunda or any other locations related to the AVP side of the Alien EU?

No.  The license was Alien/ Prometheus only and the bible that was used as one of the sources didn't contain any AvP locations.

The RPG references Odobenus Station, which is from AvPClassic.

The Old One

Yes, this is true.

Kailem

Kailem

Thanks for the responses. I figured there probably wouldn't be any locations from AVP due to licensing but thought I'd ask anyway.

That's interesting about there being one from AVP Classic though. Wonder if they were just able to slip that in without anyone noticing?

Samhain13

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 11, 2020, 04:29:41 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 09, 2020, 10:05:31 AM
Quote from: Kailem on Jan 09, 2020, 08:12:50 AM
Given how deep it sounds like the lore rabbit hole goes with this, are there any mentions of places like Vega 4/New Shanghai, San Drad, Ryushi, Bunda or any other locations related to the AVP side of the Alien EU?

No.  The license was Alien/ Prometheus only and the bible that was used as one of the sources didn't contain any AvP locations.

The RPG references Odobenus Station, which is from AvPClassic.

Huh. Bet no one saw that coming.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kailem on Jan 11, 2020, 11:09:24 AM
Thanks for the responses. I figured there probably wouldn't be any locations from AVP due to licensing but figured I'd ask anyway.

That' interesting about there being one from AVP Classic though. Wonder if they were just able to slip that in without anyone noticing?
That's the only one I caught, there might be others that are just mega-obscure.

The Old One

The Old One

An issue I stumbled across re-reading it recently, one part says Fire & Stone/Life & Death/& (by extension) Titan's Alien Trilogy happened mentioning the state of LV-223, the Onager, and the Aliens brought to the planet, saying the Alien is susceptible to the Pathogen but then in another part later on it says certain hives contain the Pathogen, created by the Aliens themselves, it's suitable the Alien is the only thing that's able to control it but it totally contradicts the aforementioned stories.

It already outed The Rage War by saying the Alien is unaffected by the vaccum, it's clear the contradictions only mount with time in regards to the aforementioned stories, just out them from canon and give my head peace.

Xenomrph

Ignore what you don't like and don't worry about what's "canon", and you will find peace. :)

Also perhaps it's a different Pathogen, or some kind of variant/mutation of it.

Local Trouble

But that's anarchy!

Xenomrph

Local Trouble

It's like the blood orgy scene from Event Horizon.

Xenomrph

Local Trouble

You're out of control!  >:(

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Got curious and started looking at the star charts in both the new RPG and the old Leading Edge RPG. There's a pretty good amount of overlap, with some stars and sectors even being in (roughly) the same location on both maps.

I kinda wish the new RPG had managed to include every planet from the old RPG (the old map isn't that extensive, and the new map has a lot of open space) but it's pretty cool that it includes what it does.

The Old One

I enjoy room to suffocate, the Alien universe requires emptiness to work after all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed