Weyland Industries website updated w/ Corporate Timeline!

Started by Cvalda, Mar 17, 2012, 02:41:35 AM

Author
Weyland Industries website updated w/ Corporate Timeline! (Read 41,092 times)

fiveways

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 17, 2012, 06:43:19 PM
not gonna happen. Ridley liked Aliens.

Too bad, I was hoping he would have better taste in films.

RubberChickenMan

Im glad they regard Aliens and Alien3 as canon. (yes I liked Alien3)

I always liked to think predators and aliens exist in the same universe (though I hated the two avp movies)

Didnt the idea of weyland and yutani being two separate companies was first introduced in Paul Anderson's avp movie?

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: bunnyavpg on Mar 17, 2012, 06:49:08 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 17, 2012, 06:08:02 PM
yes, but the aplication of that technology is probably what takes longer to create.

Weyland scientists discover the inverse relationship between velocity and the flow of time making the long sought-after concept of faster than light travel a reality. The search for practical application begins.

May 20, 2032

Weyland Industries introduces the first FTL-capable SEV (space exploration vehicle).

January 17, 2034

the Prometheus has artificial gravity and can actually land by itself, it's a planetary exploration vehicle besides a space exploration one. the FTL travel is only the beggining.

RubberChickenMan

Quote from: fiveways on Mar 17, 2012, 06:54:13 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 17, 2012, 06:43:19 PM
not gonna happen. Ridley liked Aliens.

Too bad, I was hoping he would have better taste in films.

Aliens is arguably the best hollywood sequel along with terminator 2.

Just because you hate it, doesnt make it a bad film

Xenomrph

Quote from: RubberChickenMan on Mar 17, 2012, 06:58:56 PM
Didnt the idea of weyland and yutani being two separate companies was first introduced in Paul Anderson's avp movie?
Yes.

And yeah while I totally understand people disliking 'Aliens' and it's a perfectly valid opinion to have, the vast majority of audiences really liked it for numerous reasons. Hell, Giger liked the Queen design a lot and said that he wished he'd come up with it.

Michael Harper

A friend of mine who hasn't seen any of the Alien films recently watched the trailer for Prometheus and said his mid was blown. Upon asking me if this is the beginning of a franchise, I told him about Alien being the follow-up story, and gave him a lowdown on the story and shown him a picture of the Alien itself. He isn't a huge fan of films, and though he'd heard of Alien he knew ABSOLUTELY nothing about it - and believed that Alien was in fact going to be the next released film in a couple of years following Prometheus and was blown away even more by the fact that the mythology and universe created would be, for him, the next huge franchise to wait for and anticipate.

I feel a bit sorry for him due to his stupidity in not realizing at first that the the Alien film I told him about was that Alien film and franchise that he'd heard about but nothing about. I also feel a bit cruel in leading him on that way, haha.

However, it got me thinking...

Ridley has mentioned that there will be a Prometheus sequel - and I'm not suggesting that he would ever remake Alien himself, nor would anybody even attempt to remake it - but, what if a sequel to Prometheus occurs during or following the events of Alien - there are so many stories that could be told following the events of the Nostromo, that could lead into the other films. One that struck me, for example was Weyland-Yutani's terraforming of LV-426. They must have come across the Derelict ship. I mean, how the hell do you miss it? But, I would love to maybe see some of the process of the terraforming, and maybe even what happened when the Mom & Pop Survey team returned to Hadley's Hope with the Facehugger attached to the man's face, and the events that transpired there, whilst Ripley was nice and safe orbiting Earth.

It's just some random thoughts - not suggesting anything here, but I think there are so many great stories that could be told now, I'd be surprised if nobody actually attempted something along those lines. Personally, I'd like Ridley to go "original" again with the sequel, tell a unique and different story, but again tie it into the previous films - but maybe, a little bit more than Prometheus is.

d0mm2k8

Kinda but not really. Ridley had already said that the company in Alien was the result of a merger between two companies (British Leyland and Toyota used as comparison/name inspiration).

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 17, 2012, 07:05:58 PM
Yes.

see
Quote from: d0mm2k8 on Mar 17, 2012, 07:10:05 PM
Kinda but not really. Ridley had already said that the company in Alien was the result of a merger between two companies (British Leyland and Toyota used as comparison/name inspiration).

And yeah while I totally understand people disliking 'Aliens' and it's a perfectly valid opinion to have, the vast majority of audiences really liked it for numerous reasons. Hell, Giger liked the Queen design a lot and said that he wished he'd come up with it.

the queen was partially based on some of his artwork too. the chest area and the limbs specifically.

Michael Harper

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 17, 2012, 07:15:27 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 17, 2012, 07:05:58 PM
Yes.

see

the queen was partially based on some of his artwork too. the chest area and the limbs specifically.

I'm not a huge fan of Aliens, but I still quite enjoy it. But, I don't understand the hate people have for it is. Can anybody elaborate on it for me?

First Blood

Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 17, 2012, 07:22:36 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Aliens, but I still quite enjoy it. But, I don't understand the hate people have for it is. Can anybody elaborate on it for me?

I'll point you to this thread. :)

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=42292.0

chupacabras acheronsis

wrong quote, but now that you ask, the people that dislike Aliens usually have a grudge against Cameron in specific. they didn't like how the cast was pretty stereotypical(not unlike it was in alien), they disliked the way the movie used war themes(like alien was a glorified slasher), and they claim the movie dumbed down the aliens, despite them showing far more brilliance than than the first alien. most of the elements they complain in Aliens were present in Alien, but it's easier to turn a blind eye at them.

in resume, it's a mix of pretentiousness and extreme idealization of Alien as the perfect movie that had no flaws that warps their perception.

RubberChickenMan

Well it was the first time mentioned in a film.

Michael Harper

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 17, 2012, 07:35:31 PM
wrong quote, but now that you ask, the people that dislike Aliens usually have a grudge against Cameron in specific. they didn't like how the cast was pretty stereotypical(not unlike it was in alien), they disliked the way the movie used war themes(like alien was a glorified slasher), and they claim the movie dumbed down the aliens, despite them showing far more brilliance than than the first alien. most of the elements they complain in Aliens were present in Alien, but it's easier to turn a blind eye at them.

in resume, it's a mix of pretentiousness and extreme idealization of Alien as the perfect movie that had no flaws that warps their perception.

Well that's just stupid isn't it. I think Aliens is great - as I said earlier, not a big fan, but it's still a good film :)

The Necronoir

QuoteJUNE 3RD, 2026 - AUTO-ADJUST CROSSHAIRS PATENTED
Weyland Industries earns patent number 10,445,075 for Method and Apparatus for self-adjusting crosshairs that auto-process windage, Coriolis effect, trajectory, etc., eliminating the need for spotters and mathematical formulas.

JULY 4TH, 2033 - BALLISTIC DEVELOPMENT
Weyland creates 5.56 millimeter round made of metals mined from Gliese 581capable of travelling at max velocity in any atmosphere or range.

Two major advances toward the Smartgun, by the looks of it.

Dface

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed