Jed Kurzel is Alien: Covenant's New Composer!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 09:02:04 AM

Author
Jed Kurzel is Alien: Covenant's New Composer! (Read 29,638 times)

Corporal Hicks

Jed Kurzel is Alien: Covenant’s new composer! Back in November, we reported that Harry Gregson-Williams would no longer be scoring Alien: Covenant. And we didn’t know who would be stepping up to fill the vacant position.

Today’s teaser trailer changed that and confirmed that Australian composer, Jed Kurzel, would now be scoring Alien: Covenant. Jed Kurzel is an Australian singer-songwriter-guitarist and has been composing for films since 2000.

Jed Kurzel is Alien: Covenant’s new composer!

He hasn’t worked with Sir Ridley Scott before but Kurzel has scored two of Michael Fassbender’s films – Macbeth and most recently Assassin’s Creed. Kurzel has also worked in the horror genre before, providing the score for The Babadook in 2014.

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien: Covenant! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

whiterabbit

Looks kind of like James Horner.

MrSpaceJockey

His work on Macbeth was pretty dope.

Darkness

So what was the crack was with Gregson-Williams? Why'd he leave?

Corporal Hicks

He said scheduling issues. Likely to be due to the sudden shift in release date?

Or it really was his son on IMDB and he got in trouble over it.

Stolen

It's an Australian composer!
Maybe it was part of the deal (tax credit)

Darkness

Oh, not this again. That was completely made up.

I don't buy scheduling conflicts. He was already well into composing it.

Corporal Hicks

What are you thinking?

Darkness

"Creative Differences" will be the official line. Which I find strange considering he's very experienced and worked with Scott on Martian.

Protozoid

This will be the fourth Fassbender film he's scored, after Slow West, Macbeth, and Assassin's Creed.

I liked his scores for Babadook and Macbeth, but I think he's a step down from Gregson-Williams.

whiterabbit

Well something bad happened.

NickisSmart

Oh, I loved the score for the Babadook. This should be good. :)

Protozoid

IMDB now lists Pietro Scalia as Covenant's editor. No big surprise, there, but I think it's still news.

Enoch

Enoch

Lets discuss music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iU9JF-DXds

This one is interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpkrNXv07ns

I too loved The Babadook OST and movie.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 25, 2016, 09:29:55 AM
I don't buy scheduling conflicts. He was already well into composing it.

Not to mention that his contract would have covered the possibility of re-shoots and delays. It might be possible that he was already signed on for another project before he agreed to score Covenant but he broke the news that he was scoring Covenant quite early during production.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed