Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,743 times)

SiL

SiL

It's the little round blotches on skin that does it for me.

[cancerblack]

We might be talking about the same thing tbh

SiL

SiL

Yeah probably. The blotchy patches on everything from clothes to skin to metal.

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 13, 2021, 02:57:20 AM
Tristian is the best Aliens artist of this era without question.  So I say why not both?

I still like Beauvis, Plunkett, and Dorman of the old generation tho.
I wish marvel would hire beauvis to do a alien comic and whoever colored alien nightmare asylum  and get a new writer I know it will never happen but a man can dream

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Oct 13, 2021, 03:35:24 AM
I remember Tristan listing him as an influence somewhere (I think on the forum, even).

I'm sure he did. It was one of the things pointed out very early on! But I do think Dark Horse has had some other fantastic artists in this second golden age too. Stokoe, Hardman, Thies, some fantastic colouring by Beredo and Jackson.

Kradan

Kradan

I would recommend to anyone interested listening to podcast interview Clara did with Tristan back in 2019. I certainly remember him bringing Plunkett up amongst his major influences there

https://yutanipodcast.podbean.com/e/creatives-tristan-jones-comic-artist-episode-23-yutani-podcast/

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 13, 2021, 07:36:45 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 13, 2021, 03:35:24 AM
I remember Tristan listing him as an influence somewhere (I think on the forum, even).

I'm sure he did. It was one of the things pointed out very early on! But I do think Dark Horse has had some other fantastic artists in this second golden age too. Stokoe, Hardman, Thies, some fantastic colouring by Beredo and Jackson.

I would love to see Paul Johnson (guy who ilustrated Aliens: Sacrifice) come back

Kimarhi

I'm sure alot of these dudes are old AF right now.  I mean some of these guys were grown men with families in the 90s. 

judge death

That art, mwhoa, beautiful :D <3

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 16, 2021, 02:51:39 AM
I'm sure alot of these dudes are old AF right now.  I mean some of these guys were grown men with families in the 90s.

Beauvais is still doing bits and pieces. As is Dorman.

Bughuntwilson

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 18, 2021, 08:10:51 AM

Can you maybe tell me what beauvis has worked on recently  if you don't mind?

*fixed quotes. Hicks.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Bughuntwilson on Oct 18, 2021, 01:05:51 PM

He works as a freelance artist in science fiction and fantasy. He also just opened a studio in Baja I believe. His website is:

http://www.denbeauvais.com/

*fixed quotes. Hicks.

Bughuntwilson

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Engineer on Oct 18, 2021, 01:59:59 PM
Quote from: Bughuntwilson on Oct 18, 2021, 01:05:51 PM

He works as a freelance artist in science fiction and fantasy. He also just opened a studio in Baja I believe. His website is:

http://www.denbeauvais.com/

That's cool hopes he does his own sci fi comiv that will be cool thanks for the info

*fixed quotes. Hicks.

Engineer

*fixed quotes. Hicks.

Thank you! That was confusing the heck out of me lol

Some Old Dude

Most of them would be in their 60's, hardly infirm.

SiL

SiL

Denny B's still painting them just as beautifully as he ever did.

Plunkett's still going strong. Would still love to see him back, even for a cover.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed