Rebellion Coming Back?

Started by Spoonman101, Jul 14, 2014, 06:08:09 AM

Author
Rebellion Coming Back? (Read 53,127 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

AVP games are convoluted anyway. No real story to follow just a shootem up bang bang quality hour which you will forget once the new Batman comes out or something. There's always some aspect of the game people will criticize.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jul 21, 2014, 07:13:13 PM
If they do this please for the love of god don't make it a sequel to 2010, just give us a whole new story.
Thats up to SEGA after all, and knowing they approved ACM as official canon, its VERY possible to see another screw up for sure.

I am actually surprised that Isolation have somehow decent story, excluding the fact we are playing with Amanda. We will see what happens in the game of course, but the big picture is not that hilarious like ACM or AvP 2010.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jul 21, 2014, 07:24:47 PM
AVP games are convoluted anyway. No real story to follow just a shootem up bang bang quality hour which you will forget once the new Batman comes out or something. There's always some aspect of the game people will criticize.

AvP2 might not have had the most hard hitting and realistic story, but it was still better than any in recent memory, and after over a decade of its release I still pretty much remember everything about it. 

frostcones

frostcones

We need a sequel for FROSTY

jimbob30

jimbob30

pitty rebellion werent the ones making aliens colonial marines it would have been a hell of alot better than what gearbox offered

manly

manly

I dont care for SEGA or the crew that works on it.  monolith had the crew back in the day and it shows for it.

jimbob30

jimbob30

i would love to see rebellion make another avp game marine only campaign and then add a 4 player co-op campaign aswell aliens colonial marines failed badly to deliver as sega and gearbox dont have a clue who was making what rebellion will always be the best for the job but they must be allowed to make the game how ever they see fit but this time dont have sega involved go straight to fox themselfs that way rebellion can keep support for aslong as they want avp could have had soo much extra content but because of sega's stupidity support was cut.sega stopped support for aliens vs predator big mistake then they didnt keep a close watch on gearbox biggest mistake from 360 and ps3 gen

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

In my opinion the will need proper development time for this game, Aliens vs Predator 2010 while good, was riddled with problems and clunky mechanics, and a frustrating melee system (Grab Spamming in Multiplayer anyone?). this game Needs to be developed properly.
this franchise has took a bad hit from Aliens Colonial Marines, and with Alien : Isolation showing large potential in reviving the integrity of the franchise, if Rebellion IS making a new game. Sega, if your gonna be real in making this new AvP game, Please give Rebellion the develoup time they need!

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Don't try to make it a COD clone either.  Its not like the first two AvPs didn't sell.  Need to look at them instead of some entirely irrelevant and different franchise. 

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

AVP '010 was not a bad game. The console versions never got patch, so the game was broken as crap online. The single player mode was great and I would love to see a proper sequel. People these days are so in love with Battlefield, Call of Duty and Halo that they always compare any FPS game to it. It's a shame that the people who made AVP2 back in 2001 are gone now. AVP2 is still the best in my opinion.

Shahbaz

Shahbaz

Do you mean AvP2 that was published by Sierra and Monolith and all that jazz??
Easily one of my all time fave games. :)

Wolfman6699

Wolfman6699

God...just make an open world 3rd person game  and all would (hopefully) be right with the world.  Enough with the damn 1st person!!

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

What they should do is try and get the feelin of AVP2 up onto these next gen consoles(current gen). Forget about the AvP'10 story, don't continue with that and discover that Aliens actually have a planet of them. No, bad idea and just a terrible one too.

-Each species needs their own stories. Maybe at some points have them connect, but not as much like in AvP'10.
-No grabbing attacks. This annoying as hell.
-Add Classes like in (AvP2) Each class is great in a different area of combat and movement.
-Facehugger mode! THIS IS NEEDED FOR A FULL ALIEN EXPERIENCE.
-Keep Co-op out of this(Unless a decision for a movie event that replicates itself from a film.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

"God...just make an open world 3rd person game "
So many here still have this stubborn attitude towards the FPS for AVP, they'e done it how many times now? And  have gotten the pacing  worth a spit.
So  RIGHT ON! And Make it using Resident Evil 6's engine. Damn straight.

ging

ging

if you want 3rd person you can do it with modification tools like avp two did and have it in 3rd, ive played in 3rd person already using it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed