Which three Alien films would you rather watch in one sitting?

Started by Frosty Venom, Sep 30, 2018, 07:21:54 AM

Which trio of films is better?

Prometheus, Alien Covenant and Alien
44 (52.4%)
Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection
40 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author
Which three Alien films would you rather watch in one sitting? (Read 20,557 times)

whiterabbit

I can dig that. However if there could only be three...

PsyKore

Aliens is hard to pass up because that film is such a force to be reckoned with, but I chose the first option just because I prefer the more horror-centric Alien and Covenant, and which I think are better than Alien 3 and Res by quite a big margin. So it's just a case of two movies I like the most versus one.

Immortan Jonesy

The Cruentus

Quote from: PsyKore on Oct 17, 2018, 01:32:35 AM
Aliens is hard to pass up because that film is such a force to be reckoned with, but I chose the first option just because I prefer the more horror-centric Alien and Covenant, and which I think are better than Alien 3 and Res by quite a big margin. So it's just a case of two movies I like the most versus one.

Covenant is more slasher than horror in my opinion, especially with the way the deaths are set up, along with character decisions.

426Buddy

Wait..

So slasher films aren't horror? :laugh:

The Cruentus

No, they lack a little thing called "intelligent characters" among a lot other things and rely solely upon tropes.
That is not to say the genre's don't cross or that slasher isn't a sub-genre of horror. But you know which one you're watching by quality of the characters, the tropes involved and so on.
Covenant was more slasher than horror.

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: The Cruentus on Oct 19, 2018, 04:15:28 PM
No, they lack a little thing called "intelligent characters" among a lot other things and rely solely upon tropes.
That is not to say the genre's don't cross or that slasher isn't a sub-genre of horror. But you know which one you're watching by quality of the characters, the tropes involved and so on.
Covenant was more slasher than horror.
Slashers are horror films, end of story. Even you have sort of just conceded this fact.

Huggs

Alien, Aliens, Alien 3.

As it should be.

The Cruentus

I said they are a sub-genre, never said it was dead on horror but it still a difference, otherwise they won't classified as a subgenre, besides I'm drunk, I can say what I want.  :laugh:
My point still stands though, Covenant is a slasher rather than intelligent horror, to clarify for those who don't see the difference... Covenant is more like Friday the 13th whereas the first Alien was like the shinning or the thing.  :)

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: The Cruentus on Oct 19, 2018, 08:54:34 PM
I said they are a sub-genre, never said it was dead on horror but it still a difference, otherwise they won't classified as a subgenre, besides I'm drunk, I can say what I want.  :laugh:
My point still stands though, Covenant is a slasher rather than intelligent horror, to clarify for those who don't see the difference... Covenant is more like Friday the 13th whereas the first Alien was like the shinning or the thing.  :)
You originally quite literally said that Slashers aren't horror films. If it's a sub genre then it's still horror by definition. I think I get what you're trying to say nonetheless.

The Cruentus

Been on the sauce all day  ;D

Nyarlathotep

Huggs

Quote from: The Cruentus on Oct 19, 2018, 08:54:34 PM
I'm drunk, I can say what I want.

"Got it....Officer?"  :D

SM

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Oct 19, 2018, 09:14:48 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Oct 19, 2018, 09:08:45 PM
I can tell. :laugh:

Was it being mentioned in every thread that tipped you off?

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: SM on Oct 19, 2018, 11:50:41 PM
Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Oct 19, 2018, 09:14:48 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Oct 19, 2018, 09:08:45 PM
I can tell. :laugh:

Was it being mentioned in every thread that tipped you off?
Yeah, that and him straight up talking about barbecue sauce in a thread about predator dogs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed