NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,183 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The screen accuracy's about the same, it's just the choice of green I don't quite understand, everything else's pretty much spot on.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 05, 2021, 07:29:06 AM
A better likeness - and paint job - right here.

Kotobukiya ALIEN statue:

Spoiler
[close]

Yeah this one I really like.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 05, 2021, 01:35:16 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 05, 2021, 07:29:06 AM
A better likeness - and paint job - right here.

Kotobukiya ALIEN statue:

Spoiler
[close]

Yeah this one I really like.

It's masterfully sculpted for sure, But I don't like how it imitates a guy in a suit, how its "carapace" wrinkles and bulges.
It's a trend with Big chap I see many collectible manufactures imitate these days. Not a fan. I want my stuff to be accurate but also reflect the intended design. not necessarily exactly what Ridley and co. shot in 79.

I find their Aliens warrior, from the same line, more in my liking for this reason.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jun 04, 2021, 05:12:41 PM
Not surprised. Their spotty Russian roulette styled QC is legendary at this point. You're lucky if that's your only QC issue, try checking if the front of the dome is aligned correctly.
Well as the store never sent a replacement figure.... I opened it and: the dome had several small cracks on the dome after what looks like some tool they used to put the dome attached to the head while the glue dries, and it had small openings between the dome and the head, never attached properly either. the front looked alright, no issues there.
The rest of the body was alright, just the head they f**ked up.

Got myself a new one, no wonder how neca make their money..... and this one is 98% perfect, no gabs between the dome and the head, nicely attached, one small mark from the tool at one place on the head but most people will miss it and I can accept that, the body is perfect. Although I ntoiced this one seem to be in a more soft plastic and less stiff and better allround details. Maybe neca started using a new plastic for their figures or improvment along the line.
Ahh well, at least I have now a perfect alien 40th anniversiary figure with correct white/smooky dome.

Jonesy Not Expendable

Jonesy Not Expendable

I have the Kotobukiya displayed in place over the Neca. It's biggest draw back is its size. I have to stand the dude on a box  :P

I hope Neca get around to releasing the rest of the Nostromo crew. It's already an impressive set of figures.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

New reveal. Nothing I'm personally excited about, but still cool.
https://youtu.be/RZw1wPhlpfQ?t=1855

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Meh, not a bad repaint, but it smells that Neca ran out of ideas. I´ll get them but please NECA, who don´t you release a new mold of the Alien warrior from AVP Requiem movie?

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Gridseeker on Jul 19, 2021, 11:42:23 PM
Meh, not a bad repaint, but it smells that Neca ran out of ideas. I´ll get them but please NECA, who don´t you release a new mold of the Alien warrior from AVP Requiem movie?
Or the predalien, or the avp warrior and grid alien from avp 2004, queen mother bodyguard alien etc. So many they could rerlease/upgrade or create new ones.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: judge death on Jul 22, 2021, 11:21:20 AM
Quote from: Gridseeker on Jul 19, 2021, 11:42:23 PM
Or the predalien, or the avp warrior and grid alien from avp 2004, queen mother bodyguard alien etc. So many they could rerlease/upgrade or create new ones.

Probably the TMNT IP is the one who sells a lot for Neca, that´s why we got just a few announces about the alien franchise.

windebieste

windebieste

Seegson Working Joe android, please NECA.

-Windebieste.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Jul 19, 2021, 06:51:06 PM
New reveal. Nothing I'm personally excited about, but still cool.
https://youtu.be/RZw1wPhlpfQ?t=1855

I sleep

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Vrastal

Vrastal

i actually like the more movie like paint, im sure covid had problems with any other figures they were working on. ill get all three repaints for sure. but would still love to see something new

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Vrastal on Jul 31, 2021, 05:04:21 PM
i actually like the more movie like paint, im sure covid had problems with any other figures they were working on. ill get all three repaints for sure. but would still love to see something new

Plausible. Just give them time and we would get the ultimate wolf and predalien in our hands.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah just ten more years lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed