More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato

Started by ace3g, Jan 25, 2017, 05:30:11 PM

Author
More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato (Read 43,682 times)

OpenMaw

Quote from: Master on Jan 27, 2017, 10:45:03 AM

What I'd love to see (and I've been saying it for years) is reversed scenario. Make Predator on the run. Show us super prepared human task force  with equipment and man power to actually go after predator. Go big! Give them tanks and choopers! Make the creature vulnerable, wounded and chased. Then reverse the plot again and show us the Predator live up to its name! Garber was told he'll get another chance and I want this chance taken.

Indeed. As I like to call it the "X-Com" scenario. Humans learning to turn the tables on a larger scale... Though I don't know about tanks.

Predator set's the story in place, Predator 2, on some level, gave us two hints at threads. The fact Predators have been on Earth a long time, and that there is government activity regarding them. Though I think the latter has more potential. Plus you could also borrow elements from things like Bad Blood Predators, with no rules governing them at all... I mean take it to different places. Don't just do a half dozen "badasses" up against a Predator. We've gotten a lot of that. Take it somewhere.

Corporal Hicks

There's still more work to be done before that though. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if The Predator touches on that kind of thing, with a worldwide agency trying to track the Predators.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 27, 2017, 05:33:19 AM
Quote from: Keith on Jan 27, 2017, 02:12:15 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 27, 2017, 01:22:09 AM
You can go to The Cheesecake Factory any ol' day, but tonight you're having Il Fornaio.

That's not what I ordered.

You don't have to eat at this restaurant.

The restaurant don't have to change the menu.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jan 27, 2017, 12:47:45 PM
You can go to The Cheesecake Factory any ol' day, but tonight you're having Il Fornaio.

The restaurant don't have to change the menu.
If you want the same menu go back and watch Predator, but don't expect people to come with you. We're at the other restaurant in the meantime, you know, the one that gives people more than old, warmed up stuff from tin cans.

Keith

Enjoy your PINO.

Johnny Handsome

I think we will, but thx anyway!  8)

Corporal Hicks

Alright gents, let's not get snobby with each other please. This isn't IMDB.

echobbase79

Some parts of this movie could feel like Monster Squad. Black and Dekker did write that after all. So I'm not surprised with the kids being involved in this. This will probably just a small aspect of the picture though.

JokersWarPig

So does this mean the ex marine had an encounter with a Predator and won? Since he has some of their tech I'm assuming that's the case.
It's an interesting route for them to take, especially with the son's character. I think it can work.

genocyber

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2017, 10:12:14 AM
And then do what?
Well with different terrain comes different dangers and reasons for the characters. Africa is an often densely populated and dry place. The Predator likes hunting where its hot, and it could arrive in the middle of a civil war uprising breaking out. American commandos are sent in to scout the situation and get caught up in the fighting. Meanwhile the Predator begins picking off groups and then members of the team.

BishopShouldGo

So basically Predator 1-5, just with a different setting thus a new opportunity for a different hue!

This time it's in a jungle! This time a city! This time the snow! This time a small town!

...this time, you're going to get to see some orange! Because...DESERT!!!!!!

skhellter

fanbases cling hard to nostalgia.

nanison

Quote from: genocyber on Jan 27, 2017, 08:23:00 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2017, 10:12:14 AM
And then do what?
Well with different terrain comes different dangers and reasons for the characters. Africa is an often densely populated and dry place. The Predator likes hunting where its hot, and it could arrive in the middle of a civil war uprising breaking out. American commandos are sent in to scout the situation and get caught up in the fighting. Meanwhile the Predator begins picking off groups and then members of the team.

Boring, let's have something new!

echobbase79

Yeah, the franchise has to change in some way. I really hope Black has a scene with the Predator's showing how their culture works.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed