Jenette Goldstein as Private Vasquez in Aliens

Started by Gilfryd, Oct 09, 2020, 04:38:35 PM

Author
Jenette Goldstein as Private Vasquez in Aliens (Read 10,219 times)

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 10, 2020, 09:34:27 PM
Yeah, the way she lit up Frost was amazing.

The song of fire and ice...

SM

She lights up a room.

Gentleman Death

I'm sure we all found it ironic that his name was Frost and was then set on fire...

BigDaddyJohn

Cameron probably did  :laugh:

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 10, 2020, 09:34:27 PM
Yeah, the way she lit up Frost was amazing.

:D

SpreadEagleBeagle

Kimarhi

If you read the book Alien Woman they are kind of pissed that Dietrich killed Frost in the cross fire. 

The fact that fratricide has happened throughout human conflict notwithstanding, they took it that Cameron was deliberately trying to show the female marines as incompetent when compared to their male counterparts.  Dietrich killed Frost and indirectly Weirzbowski and Crowe, Vasquez killed Drake indirectly, and Ferro crashed the dropship. 

But they also thought Lucas was trying to show that the x wings were sperm trying to fertilize an egg (the death star) so take that for what you will. 

SM

I've read some of that book and there are some interesting takes.

And some others that are a bit lolwut.

I think there's possibly something in the women killing the men argument - not sure it's incompetence though (considering Hudson was probably the least competent of the lot).  Maybe the masculine making way for the feminine considering what else is going on in the film.  Cameron always has ways of making sure the women can't develop in their own right without a mans support, but I doubt he thought that deeply about Vasquez also being responsible for Gorman's death and, indirectly, Hicks' injuries as a way to say 'Chicks suck'.

Kimarhi

I always thought Vasquez was the most competent of all of them personally. 

I also don't think the domino factor of events can be attributed to any one person.  If you are going to look at it like that then it is Ripley's fault for surviving the first film. 

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 15, 2020, 04:05:23 AM
I also don't think the domino factor of events can be attributed to any one person.

Wouldn't you put that on Gorman, if anyone?

Kimarhi

Or Burke.

Or whatever f**ktard in the first film ordered a probe to sweep the cosmos looking for Aliens. 

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 03, 2019, 12:10:53 AMThe failure comes from Gorman not immediately calling his troops back and redistributing proper ammo and weapons.  And as RD said way back in the day, typically you would have a final ORP to do any last minute change to plans.............but that is getting pretty technical for a movie.

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 15, 2020, 03:32:22 AM
If you read the book Alien Woman they are kind of pissed that Dietrich killed Frost in the cross fire. 

The fact that fratricide has happened throughout human conflict notwithstanding, they took it that Cameron was deliberately trying to show the female marines as incompetent when compared to their male counterparts.  Dietrich killed Frost and indirectly Weirzbowski and Crowe, Vasquez killed Drake indirectly, and Ferro crashed the dropship. 

But they also thought Lucas was trying to show that the x wings were sperm trying to fertilize an egg (the death star) so take that for what you will.

Wtf... I don't mind breaking down a movie but this is taking it a little too far. That's like saying Indiana Jones tripped on a rock one time when he was younger, therefore the Boulder rushing towards him from Raiders was a way of the "rocks" getting back at him for being so callous.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed