Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 828,666 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Logan

This is a good film, but I absolutely stand by my initial assessment that if you take out the hardcore violence and harsh language, it really isn't anything in particular to shout about.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 18, 2020, 10:08:29 AM
Logan

This is a good film, but I absolutely stand by my initial assessment that if you take out the hardcore violence and harsh language, it really isn't anything in particular to shout about.

I tend to agree on this. I enjoyed it immensely but I also found it incredibly depressing and bleak to be honest (and this is coming from someone who loves gritty, dark superhero films).

Spoiler
In particular I found it very hard to reconcile with how Professor X checks out. Quite gutwrenching.
[close]

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

The Rock

Contender for the greatest action movie of all time

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Definitely a contender for best Die Hard rip-off of all time :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Thin Red Line

Nearly three hours well spent. :) Also, every time Adrien Brody almost has a line and doesn't, I imagine him speaking in the Royce Voice. ;D

The Autopsy of Jane Doe

Most of this very good, but the explanation for what's going on is just so thoroughly meh to me that it kind of kills the film once it's revealed.

Solaris (1972)

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 20, 2020, 12:16:48 AM
The Thin Red Line

Nearly three hours well spent. :) Also, every time Adrien Brody almost has a line and doesn't, I imagine him speaking in the Royce Voice. ;D

Such a criminally underrated war movie.  It didn't help that it came out the same year as Saving Private Ryan (which is a great war movie in its own right)  Stellar cast, brutal battle scenes and a score by Hans Zimmer that is yet to be matched in my opinion.  Journey to the Line scoring the attack on the Japanese camp and the voice over asking the question 'This great evil, where did it come from?  How did it steal into the world?' is one of the most effective pieces of cinema ever produced

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Seventh Seal

Dark, often moving, and surprisingly funny at times. Death literally sawing down a tree to get a guy is goddamn hilarious, even without him trying to talk his way out of it.

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 21, 2020, 05:52:09 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 20, 2020, 12:16:48 AM
The Thin Red Line

Such a criminally underrated war movie.  It didn't help that it came out the same year as Saving Private Ryan (which is a great war movie in its own right)  Stellar cast, brutal battle scenes and a score by Hans Zimmer that is yet to be matched in my opinion.  Journey to the Line scoring the attack on the Japanese camp and the voice over asking the question 'This great evil, where did it come from?  How did it steal into the world?' is one of the most effective pieces of cinema ever produced

And the film never really answers that question, which makes it work even more, IMO.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Sorry to bother you:
Wow, what a great movie. It feels like multiple movies in one but really picks up around the 40min mark. Highly recommend! 3.75/5

PredBabe

PredBabe

After watching this video analysis on The Shining

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&v=dW2GrG7Zk0U

I got around to rewatching the movie the other night. What a brilliantly crafted movie. I know Stanley Kubrick's adaptation changed a lot of the story it was based on but it was arguably for the best as it translated better for film and I personally love the darker take and subliminal messages by Kubrick.

So with my The Shining hype, it made me curious to finally watch Doctor Sleep last night. Even though Ewan McGregor is nice to look at, I've been avoiding the sequel because it looked like a cheapened follow up to the original movie, even though I know it was trying to be more faithful to the actual books.
Despite knowing that I still low key hated this movie as it was exactly what I expected. With a more over the top look at the Shining capabilities and constant rehash of the girl in the bathtub, it represents everything wrong with horror movies today. I much prefer the grounded and psychological approach Kubrick took.

McGregor is still hot though.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Snowman (2017)
Was actually okay, but you can tell a lot was missing as it felt so bity

Street Fighter (1994)
So bad its cheesily good.

Volcano (1997)
The Armageddon to Dante's Peak Deep Impact

Jurassic Park
Needed something enjoyable after yesterdays political fubar

Hudson

Hudson

I'm on a Terrence Malick kick with a friend of mine, so I've watched Badlands, Days of Heaven, and The Thin Red line this week, and going through the extras on the Criterios and whatnot. Love this guy's movies.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 24, 2020, 10:37:56 AM
The Snowman (2017)
Was actually okay, but you can tell a lot was missing as it felt so bity

Street Fighter (1994)
So bad its cheesily good.

Volcano (1997)
The Armageddon to Dante's Peak Deep Impact

Jurassic Park
Needed something enjoyable after yesterdays political fubar

LOL, what? The Snowman is probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's not even funny bad, it's just boring. They don't even pronounce the main character's last name correctly.  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The Killing of a Sacred Deer.

Holy sh*t guys, Stanley Kubrick faked his death and still lives!

Kradan

Kradan

The Quack (1982, Poland)

I love when main protagonist is bearded giant with soul of teddy bear. Very touching

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on May 26, 2020, 08:29:21 PM
The Quack (1982, Poland)

I love when main protagonist is bearded giant with soul of teddy bear. Very touching

Are you the psychotic fan of Voodoo?

Kradan

Kradan

Right after I posted it, I knew that somebody would make the connection ! I knew it !  :D

I like him. He has good sense of humor. I hardly can bear his hatred for Crabators but despite that we get along pretty well, I'd say.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed