Alien Fan Whining...not entirely unwarranted

Started by happypred, Nov 10, 2007, 01:42:32 AM

Author
Alien Fan Whining...not entirely unwarranted (Read 7,857 times)

pete

I mentioned in another thread, apparently Wolf gets messed up at one point and I would like that to be by standard drone alien(s). Maybe have him barely escape and be lucky to do so (interuption by humans, random explosion etc) which leads to him using the medi-pack.

His experience and the fact he's on a mission would make it acceptable to run away in order to fight another day and the aliens fans can then point to 'he would have been killed if 'x' hadn't happened'. Maybe the aliens could be distracted and when they look back all they see is the glowing blood trail like in P1.

Personally I'd like a human to inadvertantly save him and then get pwned by the aliens as payback for letting the big prize get away.

nukem11

The only thing in defence of the predator, is he is so damn good of a hunter to kill the aliens easier. I cant really say any more apart from watching him in the film  killing things. Be nice if he did get hurt by an alien and need some medical treatment but were just have to wait and see. I think alien fans are going over the top a bit by saying the aliens are retareded or what ever because how else would an exsperienced predator kill them.

War Wager

Quote from: happypred on Nov 10, 2007, 01:42:32 AM
I think this site is split pretty evenly between Predator and Alien fans. I'd characterize myself as a Predator fan who respects the Alien universe (there isn't really a predator universe as the solo series (movies, books, comics etc.) mostly takes place in modern times).

The alien fans are making an even bigger fuss about how AvP2 is portraying the aliens than the hysterics AvP1 threw pred fans into. I understand that fans of the alien creature don't want to see them be in the middle of the food chain, humans at the bottom, and Wolfie at the top, but is it because how easily Wolf is dispatching them or simply the fact that multiple aliens are being dispatched by a lone predator? I for one fall into the former category.

And there are those Alien fans who say that AvP1 was actually fair and balanced. Can they not see how the predator image suffered more in AvP1 than the alien image, which i thougt was pretty well preserved? AvP1 was to predators what AvP2 is to aliens in my honest opinion.

I'd call myself an Alien fan, and I'm fine with the idea of hoards being taken out by one Predator. The thing that pisses me off is just how quickly he's doing it. I mean like in the Red Band trailer, he just wraps the whip around it splitting it in half in an instant. WTF?! We're supposed to see 'fights' in this movie, rolling around on the ground, smashing into things, ripping themselves to pieces. I understand AvP annoyed Predator fans a lot, but it made sense with the story. If Celtic was a young, over-confident badass, then it makes sence that a smart, swift Alien could take him out. Plus the fight in AvP was great. Theres times when the Alien has the upperhand then the Predator and back and forth. The only things missing was the gore factor which you'd expect from a brawl.

I can exept that Wolf can take out Aliens since he's an experienced elite, but they should at least be a challange. If there is to be some plasma gun and whip action then the number of Aliens in the movie should have been cut down = longer fights. Lets just say I'm looking forward to the final fight with Chet. Hopefully it'll be a fight which is both epic and balanced, which I'm sure it will.

ShadowPred

I am one of those pred fans that hate the fact that they were crap in AVP1.

But even I know that the alien fans are being crapped on far more than us pred fans were in AVP1.

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 10, 2007, 04:00:51 PM
But even I know that the alien fans are being crapped on far more than us pred fans were in AVP1.

So there werent that many aliens die in Aliens then. If the marines knew what they were getting themselves into they would been more prepared and taken more out where as the predator does.

ShadowPred

Quote from: nukem11 on Nov 10, 2007, 04:32:28 PM

So there werent that many aliens die in Aliens then.

You don't even get what I was trying to say  ::)

nukem11

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 10, 2007, 04:37:53 PM
Quote from: nukem11 on Nov 10, 2007, 04:32:28 PM

So there werent that many aliens die in Aliens then.

You don't even get what I was trying to say  ::)

Yeah about aliens being crapped on more because they die too easy, is that it or something else.

ShadowPred

It is everything that is making alien fans bitching

The new reproductive system
the pred-alien
the alien design
the way they make noises before they attack
dying too easily
pred-alien being a queen  ::)
Aliens being cannon fodder
normal aliens not being able to even hit Wolf judging from trailers, pics, clips, etc.

Wouldn't this piss you off? The movie is fu**ing with everything that is ALIEN.

nukem11

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 10, 2007, 04:49:43 PM

the pred-alien
the alien design
dying too easily
normal aliens not being able to even hit Wolf judging from trailers, pics, clips, etc.

Well half of those I would just have to say your being far too picky but the aliens dying to easy I can understand a bit.

ShadowPred

i am only fine with one fo those, I am just pointing out the many reasons that i have seen alien fans being angry about

War Wager

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 10, 2007, 04:49:43 PM

the pred-alien
the alien design
dying too easily

I'm fine with all of the above, exept dying too easily and being treated like sh*t.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

The Wolf is a highly trained elite warrior for shit sakes!!! It's whole life is war and the study of it!!!

The Aliens have no chance, deal with it! Accept it! Eat it! Shut up! Die!

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: PHANTOM on Nov 10, 2007, 07:14:38 PM
The Wolf is a highly trained elite warrior for shit sakes!!! It's whole life is war and the study of it!!!

The Aliens have no chance, deal with it! Except it! Eat it! Shut up! Die!

Yep just except it. I mean what's the point of calling him an experienced predator if he's useless.
Its not a case that its just one predator but his experience that counts no matter how many predators.
The trouble with this AVP franchise is that the predator pretty much owns the alien its only queen alien and hybrids that can really give him any trouble. With his height and strength not too mention his weapons he will always be the superior alien over the warrior aliens.

Major Alan Schaefer

People compare the problem to AVP's Predators ture it was more balanced but if every fight is Alien win close that'd get boring...well so is Predator wis every fight but at least the two movies together are balanced

PHANTOM

The Predator is just as dangerous h2h even with out his weapon, but! The Alien does have a chance of wining IF it can take the Predators weapon away, but thats a big if!

You take two steps towards a Predator your dead.

The first Alien in the clip is getting choked so bad that it's head comes out, it happened very fast. Theres nothing that the Alien could have done because it gave it's back away, so shut up!!!

The other Alien attacking the bully got nailed in the head by a plasma round, if you can't take the heat don't fight a Predator because he will f**king shoot you! So shut up!!!

The Wolf is an elite and has alot of experience, his reflexes and strength is through the roof. So, the Alien tried to jump on it's back the Wolf reacted fast enough to use the Aliens momentum to tose the Alien off his back. The Alien got slammed to the floor and got shot in the face. The Alien did everything that it could, but since the Wolf has so more f**king experience in battle and is an elite warrior thats what happens! The Alien did fight back and it got his ass kicked by an elite, so shut up!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed