48 (67.6%)
Neither
7 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author
ADI or Dave Dorman? (Read 2,987 times)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I think it will look good on film with good angles and lighting. I'm serious.

But I say ADI.
Dorman's looks... I dunno, impractical.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Preference:
Dorman's has a much better body. There are still designs out there which are better, but if we're contrasting the two, the 1990s one is better. It's more threatening.

I would actually vote for neither. I still have the view that the 3D Custom Foam version was better than both and Dorman's suffers from illogical mandibles. Why did he reduce the uppers to virtually nothing?

Out of the two, Dormans seems better, as a whole. Out of the three, 3D Custom Foam's was better than both.

Reality:
We know from Crom that ADI had wanted to make their version a lot more Alien, in general. The studio apparently made them change it from what they wanted to do.

However, that doesn't excuse the mandibles, which are, by far, the biggest problem with it. The whole point of the Predalien was the mandibles. The one we presently have doesn't look like the jaws would suit a Predator, any more than they look like they function well alongside the Alien's.

http://www.predalien.com/images/gallery/predalien-17.jpg

That picture was of the Predalien chestburster. The mandibles look right on that. What we presently have doesn't look like it would have evolved from that. With the new one, the viewer can tell it's like an ordinary Alien head prop's jaw with a couple of animatronic pods strapped to each side.

The choice of mandibles, hands and that weird tail are all apparently the result of what the directors and ADI had wanted. I could see Fox telling them to put the tendrils in the head or give it skin, but not to keep those awful hands and all the rest of it.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

if anyone hasnt read the comments in the front page about this matter,

i think roguepl sums it up great:

"Maybe Dave should try vomiting his ideas straight into the bros mouths.
That should work."

:P

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Talent comes and offers to help you on your movie, and you decline?

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Oct 30, 2007, 01:16:05 AM
Talent comes and offers to help you on your movie, and you decline?
probably not able to, maybe already in contract with someone else

SiL

SiL

He could'a done plenty of other stuff. Sci-fi movies rarely just employ one designer; they get a whole heap, throw 'em in a think tank, and take what comes out best.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

possibly not enoguh to pay him

holdtheline

holdtheline

I like the way the Pred look is incorporated into the head and mandibles, and the general aggressive look of Dorman's design..they should have used it.

1,000 Shards

1,000 Shards

I hate the dreads so much on both designs, but more on the ADI design. Giger would of done it justice though, but unfortunately he hates Fox, and probably hates Predator too lol. 

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

I've realised what the ADI Predalien reminds me of - especially the mandibles. Compare:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/5640/21464054uh6.jpg

http://www.the46zone.com/image/4384078.jpeg

That's right. The Predalien is merely an Alien who plays nfl.

EDIT: Though admittedly I could have found a better American Football picture to prove it.

WarMachine

WarMachine

Dorman, definitely.

Predalienslayer

Predalienslayer

Dorman design is hideous :P

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: Predalien warrior on Oct 31, 2007, 04:36:42 PM
Dorman design is hideous :P
And ADI's isn't?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed