ADI SUX! DAVE IS BETTOR! replies ...

Why is it better? Atleast EXPLAIN yourselves

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SyntaX on Oct 29, 2007, 04:37:49 PM
Enough with the

ADI SUX! DAVE IS BETTOR! replies ...

Why is it better? Atleast EXPLAIN yourselves
I think the predalien has an overall better look for an predator/alien hybrid.
Daves painting is exaggerated and the mouth is looking like a razorback.

SyntaX

SyntaX

ADI.

I think they created a good creature. Sure it has some flaws but its still Alien with Predator features. Shouldnt that be EXACTLY what a Predator-Alien Hybrid SHOULD look like? Besides, at the AVP1 ending you could imagine how it was going to look... A chestburster with mandibles? If they DIDNT show the chestbursted it couldve gotten taken into a different direction all together

WisePredator

WisePredator

Dave Dorman, becasue his Predalien doesn't look like it's got the build of a pro-wrestler.

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: SyntaX on Oct 29, 2007, 04:43:10 PM
Sure it has some flaws but its still Alien with Predator features. Shouldnt that be EXACTLY what a Predator-Alien Hybrid SHOULD look like?

Of course, but you shouldn't overdo it. A Predalien should simply look bigger and more agressive, with mandibles, and an elongated Predator style head. And most important of all, still act Alien.

But this Predalien looks like a Predator and Alien actually mated, and this is the result. Just look at it, it's got Predator skin for heaven's sake. Have you ever seen an Alien with pink human skin running around? That thing even has Predator mannerisms, as seen in the Trailer when it performed the classic Predator roaring stance.

wolfboy

wolfboy

The dreads are better on the ADI, but the mandibles are WAY better in Dorman's. They don't look big and over-sized like they were glued onto the sides of the predalien's mouth. I guess ADI really wanted the mouth and mandible movements to be separate.

I'll understand they wanted ADI to design all of them for consistency though.

WisePredator

WisePredator

I would have been happy if ADI went with Dorman's Predalien...

Xhan

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

I voted for Dorman due to the fact that he makes it look less gaudy and more Alien, though the truth is that if they had Giger or Winston working on the suit I'd be glad to see how they'd approach this creature.

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Oct 29, 2007, 07:32:11 PM
I voted for Dorman due to the fact that he makes it look less gaudy and more Alien, though the truth is that if they had Giger or Winston working on the suit I'd be glad to see how they'd approach this creature.
If it were Winston or Giger(Or both) it would win an Academy Award! ;D

SiL

SiL

Dorman, certainly.

It's like the dog Alien, in that although it's clearly very different, it's still undeniably an Alien. It doesn't have freaking muscles, the mandibles work better, and the dreadlocks don't look so f**king goofy as they do on the ADI one. Admittedly I'd rather a Giger head with mandibles, but you can't win 'em all.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

His is too spikey compine them you could do a great design...the dreadlocks are alot better, and the mandibles are a little bit

SiL

SiL

I agree, he did overdo the spikes, but it's better than PredBoobies (TM).

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: SiL on Oct 29, 2007, 08:12:49 PM
Dorman, certainly.

It's like the dog Alien, in that although it's clearly very different, it's still undeniably an Alien. It doesn't have freaking muscles, the mandibles work better, and the dreadlocks don't look so f**king goofy as they do on the ADI one. Admittedly I'd rather a Giger head with mandibles, but you can't win 'em all.
The seventh Predalien fan art picture is closer to Giger's designs: http://www.predalien.com

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed