Alien Romulus connections to other Alien media?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Dec 30, 2022, 07:29:16 PM

Do you think Alien Romulus could have some connection to the Noah Hawley series, Alien prequels or the original tetralogy?

Tied up with the Alien prequels
14 (35.9%)
Tied up with Noah Hawley series
2 (5.1%)
Tied up with Alien original tetralogy
14 (35.9%)
Tied up with AVP
0 (0%)
No link at all
9 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author
Alien Romulus connections to other Alien media? (Read 8,386 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Do you think Alien Romulus could have some connection to the Noah Hawley series, Alien prequels or the original tetralogy?

Yes, it has been described as a standalone movie, but if my memory serves me Ridley also said similar things about Prometheus, and ultimately that movie is not disconnected from Alien at all.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'd imagine that there will likely be some degree collaboration between parties to maintain a certain level of consistency, but I don't think I'd expect any real direct/explicit meaningful interconnectivity between Romulus and Hawley's show.

From Steve Asbell, president of 20th Century Studios:

https://twitter.com/steveasbell/status/1595510390460497920

Stitch

With Ridley's connection to the project (as long as my memory is correct), I'd imagine he'd try to push for a connection to the prequels, even if it's supposed to be completely standalone.

Xenomorphine

That was only a thing after Lindelof convinced Scott to begin claiming it in media, deliberately to generate hype.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Stitch on Dec 30, 2022, 08:45:11 PMWith Ridley's connection to the project (as long as my memory is correct), I'd imagine he'd try to push for a connection to the prequels, even if it's supposed to be completely standalone.

When it was leaked that Phoebe Waller-Bridge was going to interpret David himself, and then people began to think of her as the ship of his robotic consciousness...I was thinking to myself..."You crazy Ridley haha you did it again! isn't? You told Disney it was a standalone movie but you're actually making your Covenant sequel"😅

But yeah, now we know that it is not in that literal way. Oh and I hope he uses his filmmaker powers to put Engineer stuff on the flick somehow. ;D

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 30, 2022, 07:50:01 PMI'd imagine that there will likely be some degree collaboration between parties to maintain a certain level of consistency, but I don't think I'd expect any real direct/explicit meaningful interconnectivity between Romulus and Hawley's show.

From Steve Asbell, president of 20th Century Studios:

https://twitter.com/steveasbell/status/1595510390460497920

Oh ok, fair enough. But on the other hand, there is still no information about where in the timeline this movie is part of? I mean it could be its own thing and all, but unless it's a reboot, I imagine it's part of the original continuity in some way. Don't you think so? ???

Nightmare Asylum

Oh, yeah, it seems like it is 100% going to be in continuity with the pre-existing six films (and the upcoming show as well). It's just a matter of how directly connected to anything specific in those other films (or show) this is actually going to be... and I'm inclined to think, at least at this stage, not very directly.

bobcunk

Weather you like covenant or not I think David is the most interesting character in the Alien series and would like to see were it went, I don't like the idea of him completely creating the xenomorph but from a story point of view it makes sense. I love the symbolism. I see it as David longing to reproduce and feeling sexually inadequate do to his inability biologically create an offspring so he creates an extremely phallic looking monster who's sole perpose is to rape and impregnate everything. It can't get much more disturbing than that.

Kane's other son

I'm okay with the idea of David creating his version of the alien and disappearing to rule over his own twisted fiefdom, never to be heard again. It's appropriate closure to the prequels' theme of creation.

TheBATMAN

I think the simplest and easiest fix is to show David is just as much a fraud as the 'false gods' he despises by revelating his 'creation' of the alien is a lie.

Immortan Jonesy

He was created by an egomaniac epicurean character. Makes sense.

T Dog

Is the Noah Hawley show confirmed to be canon with the movies?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: T Dog on Jan 12, 2023, 10:53:27 PMIs the Noah Hawley show confirmed to be canon with the movies?

Yes, though I don't think I would really expect any explicit overlap between characters/events from the show and the films (existing or upcoming).

T Dog

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 12, 2023, 11:17:15 PM
Quote from: T Dog on Jan 12, 2023, 10:53:27 PMIs the Noah Hawley show confirmed to be canon with the movies?

Yes, though I don't think I would really expect any explicit overlap between characters/events from the show and the films (existing or upcoming).
Oh yeah I don't want any bullshit like, "hello Mr. Ripley, how are you and your family? Congratulations on the birth of your daughter  ;)  ;) "

I'm more curious to know WHEN the T.V show will be set in the timeline since it's set on Earth.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: bobcunk on Jan 12, 2023, 12:56:06 AMWeather you like covenant or not I think David is the most interesting character in the Alien series and would like to see were it went, I don't like the idea of him completely creating the xenomorph but from a story point of view it makes sense. I love the symbolism. I see it as David longing to reproduce and feeling sexually inadequate do to his inability biologically create an offspring so he creates an extremely phallic looking monster who's sole perpose is to rape and impregnate everything. It can't get much more disturbing than that.

I'm the same. I see and appreciate the symbolism with David, and I genuinely think he is one of the best things to come out of the franchise in recent years. But as much as I do like the thematic elements going off behind David, and him being the creator of the Aliens - I just don't want to see it actually happen, because I much prefer the eldritch feel and nature of the Aliens, that the David creator angle takes away from them.

BlueMarsalis79

I am also in agreement on that one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed