Fede Álvarez’s Alien: Romulus (Working Title) to Start Principal Photography in Feburary 2023!

Started by Predalien39, Dec 19, 2022, 05:17:20 PM

Author
Fede Álvarez’s Alien: Romulus (Working Title) to Start Principal Photography in Feburary 2023! (Read 40,129 times)

Mr.Turok

Besides here, how is the reaction to the news anywhere else in the web? Seems like some people are seething in a very vague synopsis when it's like any other alien film "people go into a thing and encounters scary alien". Just that the crew are older teens/young adults, which is in place of the old 80s horror slasher films but in space.

For me, I'm glad so see some more Alien content. One hardcore line I draw is no dumb person logic making decisions like in the last two films please! I still get irrationally irritated about removing helmets in an unmarked world. Everyone deserved to eat the dirt for being so f**kin dumb.

And maybe the appearance of Colonial Marines again I hope? They are long overdue for a theatrical appearance after what, nearly 40 years? Where are my Ultimate Badasses at? Donde esta mis tough hombres at?  :laugh:   

Corporal Hicks

I'm seeing the same sort of negative reaction on Facebook, but there's nothing new there when it comes to Facebook and something new being announced. It's disappointing to see so many jump straight onto the "they look young, gonna be shite" attitude, but I can't say I'm surprised at all. It's just the way it works online these days.

Could it be terrible? Sure. Am I going to wait for actual narrative details, or see some visuals (it is a visual medium after all) before I start to form an actual opinion. Definitely am.

Bojo

If the Marines were to make a appearance, I hope they're little more reserved, in comparison to James Cameron's grunts.
I found them alittle too chest pumping and in-your-face. Hopefully they're alittle more calculated and cold, which would be a slightly interesting change from years of appearances from them in other various mediums (novels, games, comics).

Also, please, please mix up their combat gear. Please, give them a whole new modern look. Again, their appearance is old-hat. Move on from Aliens for the love of god. lol.

Kane's other son

So, the premise of the movie is what if the Nostromo* was not destroyed and blue collar kids boarded it, trying to score their ticket out of their dead end town?

*not the actual Nostromo.

Sounds pretty good.

Neila

Neila

I hope that the creatures in the series and in Romulus will be made more insect-like and wiry again. Yes...like Big Chap

While it didn't come across as well in the movie itself, the last really good creature design was in Alien 3.
As much as I like Tom and Alec, the aliens in the other films were too bulky for me and the teeth were sometimes as big as horses' teeth. Ultimately, that is always the director's decision.
Covenant was better again, even if the biomechanics were missing. (this should definitely be added in another movie originally because Scott once said that the development of the creature in Covenant wasn't quite finished yet.)

Maybe David would have mated with the alien ???
or he might have jumped into a cauldron of black goo along with his creations, triggering the biomechanical mix...

Corporal Hicks

Seems like production ends May 12th. That's a pretty reasonable shoot.

TomT

TomT

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Mar 13, 2023, 06:47:11 AMOne hardcore line I draw is no dumb person logic making decisions like in the last two films please! I still get irrationally irritated about removing helmets in an unmarked world. Everyone deserved to eat the dirt for being so f**kin dumb.
Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but dumb person logic making decisions are the cornerstone of slashers with teens. They intentionally make them dumb and irritating so audiences would be happy to see them die in a gory fashion by some bad guy with a sharp weapon, that was appeal of the genre at the time. Sir Ridley took some notes from those motion pictures for Covenant.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: TomT on Mar 14, 2023, 01:32:56 AMThey intentionally make them dumb and irritating so audiences would be happy to see them die in a gory fashion by some bad guy with a sharp weapon, that was appeal of the genre at the time...
Exactly, at THAT time. This is now, old man, demand better quality films.

reecebomb

Quote from: Kane's other son on Mar 13, 2023, 11:28:59 AMSo, the premise of the movie is what if the Nostromo* was not destroyed and blue collar kids boarded it, trying to score their ticket out of their dead end town?

*not the actual Nostromo.

Sounds pretty good.

Are we even sure if the events of the movie are taking place in a spaceship or somewhere bleak like lv-426 and Fiorina F161? These options mentioned are both fine but if it's going to be earth like environment then I can only laugh.

I can try to look past everyone looking like a tiktok star if the environment and the creatures are done proper.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Mar 14, 2023, 02:23:33 AM
Quote from: TomT on Mar 14, 2023, 01:32:56 AMThey intentionally make them dumb and irritating so audiences would be happy to see them die in a gory fashion by some bad guy with a sharp weapon, that was appeal of the genre at the time...
Exactly, at THAT time. This is now, old man, demand better quality films.

Neila

I think people overdid it a bit with their negative reviews of the last two films. there were some questionable decisions that's true and could have been made much more logically, but there were agitated about situations that weren't even half as bad.
such as ferris slipping twice on the same pool of blood.
In extreme stressful situations, things like this can happen.
But that's just typical for the current internet audience. The main thing is to gossip about it and talk bad about everything.
It is also much easier to criticize than to give praise.
for me there were only 2 completely stupid situations in covenant:
1. a scientist sticks his nose straight into an unknown root and 2. oram literally lets the obviously evil david lead him to the stake.
I still like the film and find a lot more positives than bad.

David

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 13, 2023, 05:48:32 PMSeems like production ends May 12th. That's a pretty reasonable shoot.
How do you know that? I hope they are already shooting. ;)

Corporal Hicks

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: David on Mar 14, 2023, 02:19:06 PMI hope they are already shooting. ;)

If the press release announcing the additional cast members from last week is accurate, they've been going since March 9th.

Cosmic Incubation

Probably a stretch considering it's still so early in production, but you think we should expect to see anything for Alien Day?

If not at least some concept art or early production stills, maybe just a video of Alvarez saying something about it?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed